Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] VirtuOx
VirtuOx
Has anyone tried VirtuOx's VirtuClean machine?  I know that cleaners aren't necessary, but my husband cleans his tank every day for 10 minutes, and it might help his morning routine. I wouldn't mind throwing mine in once a week as well  Cool .  

It has some advantages over the SoClean, including smaller size and no reusables.  I'm suspicious that Amazon only has a handful of reviews, and that they're all 5 stars, and that the reviews I've been able to find online sound like ads.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: VirtuOx
This is an ozone generator / sanitizer, and we have many threads on the forum regarding SoClean. If you are happy paying that much money for a device that really doesn't do much, then go for it. It sounds like your husband is very diligent about cleaning, and that's fine, but he can probably relax a bit. I rinse the humidifier tray out daily, and refill with tap-water, and clean tubing and masks when I'm motivated to do so. It really doesn't even enter into a routine. Cleaning is good and adequate, sanitizing is unnecessary for people that do not exchange equipment with others. Ozone can affect mask parts, silicone seals in the blower and humidifier, and is not without drawbacks, for minimal gains.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the input, Sleeprider.   I get that ozone cleaners aren't for everybody, but since my husband is interested in getting one, I'm looking for information about a relatively new product, and how anyone who's used both might compare it to the SoClean.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:my husband cleans his tank every day for 10 minutes

Why?

I concur with SleepRider - these ozone machines are likely not a good idea. Ozone is toxic and has the potential to damage your mask and tubing with prolonged / repeated exposure.

It's probably best to manually wash the components followed by a rinse with concentrated dihydrogen monoxide. Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Sleeprider as well. As for the product in question, in my humble opinion and not from actually using either, if there's a question on the authenticity of said product or its ratings, I'd rather choose one with a better reputation and/or is more well known.

Dave B
Coffee
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have been playing with the idea of a heated ultrasonic cleaner from eBay - they can be had relatively cheaply ($100~). At 65C for 30 mins - not many bugs will have survived and the equipment should still be in good working order...
Post Reply Post Reply
I really don't think there's any need for elaborate cleaning systems. The air that comes into the machine is filtered and it's a one-way flow from the blower through the humidifier and up the tube. So long as your water supply is reasonably safe (ie good enough to drink) and you practice reasonable hygiene (eg wash your stuff once a week) there's no way for "bugs" to breed and multiply. Personally I'd rather spend my money on something more useful or pleasurable.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi lmcdowel,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar with Virtuox, but I just wash my CPAP mask, hose, and humidifier tank in warm, soapy water.
Good luck with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Save yourself some money and just wash in soapy water, rinse well and dry off.
There is no need for excessive cleaning, I just rinse my tank in the morning and refill.
I found the tank lasts a lot longer this way.
Cleaning the hose and everything else once a week should be enough for most locations.
There may be parts of the world you might want to clean it more often, but if you can drink the water you should be fine.
Wipe the mask every day with a wipe (Alcohol free), wash every week.
The only exception to this is if you were camping, you may want to wash it more often then.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question re: Virtuox Ultra test with RemStar Auto A-Flex tonight. Help, please. Helena 2 822 08-30-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Helena
Question [Equipment] Tell me about VirtuOx VPOD Ultra ShaunBlake 10 4,097 12-03-2020, 03:24 PM
Last Post: racprops

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.