Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PR System One Humidifier Problem
PR System One Humidifier Problem
I had a small plastic piece break off inside the humidifier side of the machine. Since then the humidifier is not working. The heater works; when I start the preheater, it gets warm quickly, but during use the heater stays cold. Is there an interlock switch that's not closing?

I'm due for a new machine in about six months and don't want to spend a whole lot on this. Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PR System One Humidifier Problem
Not sure what part is broken. A complete System One humidifier is $120 used and $159 new on Amazon. A replacement chamber costs less than $16 from Supplier #1 and $17. 85 with Prime free shipping on Amazon. It is available everywhere. This part is intended to be replaced. I think you should have 2 of them so one is drying while the other is in use. Cheap, and easy to get. If you can more specifically identify the damaged part, maybe we can identify a replacement.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the info, but I'm not trying to buy parts at this time, only diagnose the cause of the problem. From what I can tell, it could either be a hardware/software glitch or an interlock switch not closing. I don't want to rip the machine apart yet, so I hope that someone will know whether there is a switch in the humidifier that may not be closing.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt seriously that there is any kind of "interlock" system on the unit. I could not see any need. If it latches and holds pressure, that's really all there is to it.

Please tell how it is determined that it is not working. The humidifier, when full of water, never gets "hot". If you are feeling a warm plate without water chamber in it, I can understand that. When you put in a tank of water, it acts as a big old heat sink. Oh, and when you blow air across that heat sink, it helps to keep it cold. You would not feel the same heat in the water tank or on the heating plate if you touch it right after removing the water tank.

Try this. fill the tank up to the full mark and run the unit with your normal humidity. after a set period (needs to be the same each test - go to bed at the same time and get up to an alarm clock) record how much you have used for a couple of days doing that. Then switch over and turn humidification settings to ZERO for a couple of nights. Note any difference in water consumption?

Keep in mind that the heated humidifier is not supposed to noticeably heat up the air you are breathing. It should only raise the temp a very slight amount - actually all it should do is raise the temperature of the water in the water chamber a couple of degrees to increase its vapor pressure so a teensy bit more of it will evaporate in the VERY short time the air is passing over it...

OMMOHY

Post Reply Post Reply
It is using quite a bit less water overnight. And there is a difference in the feel of the air in the throat. It's definitely cooler. I've been using it for a long time and am sensitive even to differences of one notch on the heat level.

Another way to tell is to remove the reservoir and touch the heating plate. When working, it definitely feels warm.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want one that chills the water to about 47 degrees F......

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-16-2017, 10:15 AM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote: I want one that chills the water to about 47 degrees F......

OMMOHY

Will this help?
[Image: HL7K5cxh.jpg] Dielaughing
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gludden,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,612 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,561 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,075 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 373 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,327 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,466 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.