Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] WHISTLING
Angry 
WHISTLING
Here's one for you...the past couple of weeks, my mask has been driving me INSANE. It's cleaned thoroughly and dried..totally dry...but for some reason the little airholes on the bridge of mask start whistling, squeaking and squalling and carrying on....I have to put my sheet on it to "dry" it - this goes on for at least half an hour...any ideas on how to stop it. It was fine before!! (Mask almost a year old thinking perhaps time for a new one??)
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: WHISTLING
Just a dab of olive oil or similar around the swivel connection would fix the problem. You could also brush the vents holes with a tooth brush and to make sure the swivel isn't dirty pull it out, clean and put it back .

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-11-2012, 06:43 AM)zonk Wrote: Just a dab of olive oil or similar around the swivel connection would fix the problem. You could also brush the vents holes with a tooth brush and to make sure the swivel isn't dirty pull it out, clean and put it back .

Thanks Zonk, will try that - knew you would have a suggestion or 2!! Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Or you could configure the hole sizes so that they whistle the lullaby song.... Whistle
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Lullaby song.....clever.How do you come up with such funny remarks? Also just in case, replace your filters. Get another mask,you are overdue.
Post Reply Post Reply
One of my masks did the same thing; I believe that it was some residual soap or grime. I have taken to using a painbrush to clean the masks and the problem has disappeared. Be cautious in using foreign matter of any kind that might get into the airflow and blown into your lungs ( I have that T shirt and you don't want to know ). It is not fun having foreign matter in there... olive oil may be okay but I would really like to know what kind of lubricant is totally neutral if inhaled. When it comes to airflow and airflow equipment...........cleanliness is next to godliness in every sense of the phrase.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all your suggestions, including the lullaby!! Will try the toothbrush or paint brush then save my pennies for a new mask. Cheers all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Funny, mine whistles Dixie... J/K! The only time mine makes noise is when a sheet or blanket or something comes in front of the exhalation port. I try very hard to make sure that does not happen because it is so distracting!
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resmed 10 whistling Jim Logan 2 388 11-19-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Jim Logan
  [Equipment] Phillips Dreamwear mask is whistling melody 2 583 09-26-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
Question Whistling CPAP NannyRobina 14 1,730 06-07-2021, 09:27 AM
Last Post: NannyRobina
  Whistling Airsense 10 - Not the humidifier Sugarvenom 3 1,262 02-25-2021, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Whistling 'eeee' noise susilosaja 12 10,728 02-26-2020, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Damiansd
  Ear whistling - CPAP machine SleepMelb 4 1,344 06-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Last Post: mesenteria
  Whistling noise through the vent holes Slugger 4 6,352 05-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: 3rdMarDiv

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.