Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Warning: Malware found on Contec RS01
RE: Warning: Malware found on Contec RS01
Have you contacted the seller about this problem?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
My question is, why are you using the Moscow based Kapersky Labs virus scanner. It is about the last anti-virus I would trust today, other than the bloated Norton. https://techtalk.pcmatic.com/2017/08/23/...confirmed/
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2022, 04:43 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Have you contacted the seller about this problem?

No, I should do that.

(01-23-2022, 04:57 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: My question is, why are you using the Moscow based Kapersky Labs virus scanner.  It is about the last anti-virus I would trust today, other than the bloated Norton. https://techtalk.pcmatic.com/2017/08/23/...confirmed/

PCmatic is a competitor, so it's understandable they would bring attention to that. It's probably a good idea if those in charge of protecting government computers only use domestic or allied-country vendors. The decision is probably much less consequential for personal computers.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a big fan of malwarebytes myself.

If this was a used/returned device, and it was connected to the previous owner's computer and that computer was infected, that would explain how it got infected.

A heads up to the seller to add virus scan to the seller refurb process.
Post Reply Post Reply
Finally, I was able to check mine. It does not have any files on it besides the BIN data files from the recordings. I have enabled hidden files and still no autorun or recycler files. Mine was acquired from ebay as well. This is the best money spent on a sleep related device. You can easily diagnose apnea with it for 100usd. Once there is integration for the amazing data it provides in Oscar, this will be one of the most essentials kits. Since it is a CONTEC device, hopefully integration is not that difficult. The only thing it misses is a movement sensor/accelerometer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 624 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 384 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Alternatives to Vitacom and Contec for Overnight Oximeter Giantmushroom 2 514 10-22-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Giantmushroom
  [CPAP] Can you get a warning about no SD card? jerrykur 8 631 08-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,377 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  WARNING to CPAP Users: PREPARE for the Unexpected - When the power goes out SuperSleeper 231 120,293 07-21-2023, 05:07 AM
Last Post: baffled
Question New home sleep study device found - Contec RS10, has anybody tested it??? djrem3000 0 790 05-23-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: djrem3000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.