Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: Would you wash your humidifier in your automatic dishwasher?
This poll is closed.
Yes
19.05%
4 19.05%
No
71.43%
15 71.43%
Not Sure
9.52%
2 9.52%
Total 21 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Equipment] Washing Humidifier Chamber
Information 
Washing Humidifier Chamber
Would you wash your humidifier chamber in the automatic dishwasher? Some people do it, others say they never would. Mine gets kind of slimey, especially in the nooks and crannies. I figure a dishwasher would get it clean, but it might also ruin it. I'm not sure how often we are supposed to replace it.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Washing Humidifier Chamber
On my S7, I put everything in there except the gasket. That I always hand washed. We don't use the heat to dry. The plastic of these things should be able to take the hot water of most dishwashers, but probably not a good idea if you have one of those with the 'sterilizer mode'.

My S9 has the stupid single piece one so no joy. Still not gotten brave enough to take it apart.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I voted no , because I think it is a waste of time. I have used distilled water (along with tap water if traveling) in the reservoir for 7 years since I've been on CPAP. I have not had any buildup of crud, slim or calcium deposits. It gets a good rinse (sometimes with a tablespoon of peroxide & water) every couple of weeks and it is replaced every 6 months.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash it in the kitchen sink and always used tap water.
Never had any deposit build up or anything growing just a frog sometimes
Post Reply Post Reply
Guess I'm the only lazy one, then. I'd rather pop it in the top shelf once every few weeks.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have a system one and according to the literature I read and the sites i have visited to look at for chambers it says the the chamber is dishwasher safe (I might not try it) but in a pinch you never know
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2012, 02:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: My S9 has the stupid single piece one so no joy. Still not gotten brave enough to take it apart.

It's not a matter of bravery; it's an act of strength, Paula. Might as well 'invest' the a little money in the H5i Cleanable humidifier.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk..I'll bet if you searched Amazon or eBay, they might have
"frog filters" fairly cheap...Too-funny
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2012, 04:50 PM)JudgeMental Wrote: Zonk..I'll bet if you searched Amazon or eBay, they might have
"frog filters" fairly cheap...Too-funny
Yep it,ll be good idea then could collect few and have BBQ frog legs a la francaise Licklips
Not really been to France few times never had frog legs just this dish on occasion
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/co...rdeaux.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2012, 03:13 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Guess I'm the only lazy one, then. I'd rather pop it in the top shelf once every few weeks.

I think I get the title of the lazy one. I rinse mine out when I refill it. That's it. No more cleaning. If it ever gets salt deposits, I'll pour some vinegar in it. If mold starts growing in it, I'll pour a little Clorox in it. Other than that, forget about it.
This post is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and 
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way 
are to be considered flaws or defects.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 183 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 768 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 353 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 355 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.