Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Water in Mask and Comfort Line
Water in Mask and Comfort Line
Nearly 90 days in and results are very good on Resmed Airset 10 and Humidifier with only one exception - ocassionally water collects in the air line with the result that drops of water are delivered to the mask with startling results and the collection of water in the low part of the tube makes a magnificent gurgle that would drown out a 747 at 2am.

The occurrence is irregular and it doesnt seem to help removing the tube and hanging it up to drain. Any suggestions Huh
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Water in Mask and Comfort Line
what amount of water are we talking here? did the machine fall down? did you overfill the water? or is it just drops? what we all call "rainout"

if it is rainout, turn up the heat on the tube and/or turn down the humidity....
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had the best rainout results with the ClimateLine setting at "Auto". If you're still getting rainout, try tweaking the temp and humidity settings a little bit at a time.
Post Reply Post Reply
You may also try locating your xPAP about 4 inches or more below your mattress height. This will cause any tramped moisture in the hose to return to the machine and not the mask.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2015, 06:46 PM)robanco Wrote: The occurrence is irregular and it doesnt seem to help removing the tube and hanging it up to drain. Any suggestions Huh
Placing the machine lower than the bed direct the water to drain back into the water chamber but you'll need to turn the setting down or/and get a tube cover. If using the heated tube, you can set on "Auto" and that protect against rainout. On my machine, when set on Auto, temperature is fixed at 27C and not adjustable but things been changed in the later machines, so you can set temperature to preference when set on Auto and protect against rainout

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-09-2015, 07:22 PM)DariaVader Wrote: what amount of water are we talking here? did the machine fall down? did you overfill the water? or is it just drops? what we all call "rainout"

if it is rainout, turn up the heat on the tube and/or turn down the humidity....

Rainout would be a very good description - I have changed the humdity and line temperature to Auto try that for several nights.

Many thanks for the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same problem with my Airsense 10, the tube was filling up with water when I ran the humidifier high enough to keep me from having a dry mouth. The heated tube set to auto took care of the problem. The heated tube is well worth the investment.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks My thanks to all who responded, set the comfort line to auto and now the drought has really taken hold.
(09-10-2015, 07:54 PM)foss Wrote: I had the same problem with my Airsense 10, the tube was filling up with water when I ran the humidifier high enough to keep me from having a dry mouth. The heated tube set to auto took care of the problem. The heated tube is well worth the investment.

Jeff

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,814 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP toppled over/water issue Visitor 7 7,375 03-17-2024, 10:39 PM
Last Post: Willow85
  One-Piece Water Chamber Cleaning Davebr60 0 184 02-26-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: Davebr60
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  [Equipment] water chamber strong plastic odor twdc33 2 356 01-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: twdc33

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.