Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Wellue O2Ring stops recording many times per night so loses data
Thumbsdown 
Wellue O2Ring stops recording many times per night so loses data
Have other O2Ring users had recording stopping multiple times overnight and create many recordings per night resulting in only part of my sleep almost all nights. 

Huh Are other O2Ring users getting full nights recorded and consistently or failing like I've had? I'm about to send them both back unless I figure that out some way to make them work.

I've been wearing both Wellue O2Ring and LookeeTech's version of the same and I think no more than 1-2 nights between the two out of over 45 nights! It only keeps the last four recordings no matter the length so if you have 5 to 10 times a night where it stops recording for a few minutes then you can only get data for the last 1 to 3 hours of your sleep!

I've follow the directions exactly for placement on thumb or forefinger, tried thumb and forefinger many many times and both hands, even tried every other finger a couple of nights and even did time lapse videos to see if I was taking them off or something overnight. I'm otherwise healthy with BMI of 21.

Their Tech supports just say that they would replace the products, but since they're basically the same product and doing the same for me I don't think there's any point.

Thinking-about Any recommendations for other SpO2 recording rings (or wrist-based plus finger sensor) that use Bluetooth and that can transfer data to Oscar software on my laptop.

Attached or screenshots of my sleep data from both of the Wellue direct O2Ring and that from LookeeTech. First are screenshots of the last few days for each of the Rings for me and then our screenshots on my entire data set with each. Overlapping since I've been wearing both trying to see if one would work! First Wellue O2Ring then LookeeTech. Then ring placement.

BTW - I will say LookeeTech has much much more available customer service where they usually respond Within 5 minutes to an hour or two using Facebook Messenger as their chat software whereas takes a couple of days for email responses (their chosen communication).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wellue O2Ring stops recording many times per night so loses data
I know there's a way to get the Wellue data to OSCAR, but I've not heard of LookeeTech. So that LT is the one to return as in doubtful OSCAR pulls it in. I myself have a Contec CMS50F, a pulse oximetry watch looking monitor. It loads the recorded data to OSCAR.

Sorry but I've no clue what's going on with your oximeters on not recording a full night. They're likely coming off.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Ring will stop recording if you take it off.  Once you remove the Ring, it starts a countdown <10, and then
creates a session.  If you put the Ring back on within the 10 second countdown, the Ring will continue the session.

The Ring records and maintains in it's memory 4 sessions, up to 10 hours for each session.  
If you upload your ring data regularly to the software provided and to OSCAR, you'll have a permanent record.

It looks like you wake up several times during the night.  Do you take the ring off and let it count down <10?
You are creating many sessions, and the ring can only maintain the last 4 sessions recorded.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks like Lookee sells variants of Wellue/Viatom products. Their download page references O2 Insight Pro and calls their ring "LOOKEE® O2Ring by Wellue, Continuous Ring Oximeter".

I wonder if the BikePAP's ring is being knocked about by movements during sleep and losing signal for > 10 seconds so it ends the session. Have you tried putting it on your middle finger? That might be more protected. The SleepU style wrist monitor with the ring on a cable is likely to be less knocked about by movement as you don't have the weight of the unit hanging off the sensor ring.
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE: 1 full recoding night while connected to a sleep app!?
If this is any clue, I think the only time it has recorded the whole night in one session is when I had an app connecting to it constantly - the Sleep for Android app has a 3rd party integration for the O2Ring. Last night I connected them and it recorded in one session for the first or second time in about 25 days. The same night, the other O2Ring recorded >4 parts on another hand.

I've attached a very cropped gif of the timelapse from one of these recording lapses the O2Ring has done and it shows there was nearly zero movement. You can see the Lookeetech O2Ring by Wellue on my left thumb and the O2Ring distributed by Wellue on my right thumb in this timelaps as well as the timestamp which aligns with a gap on the former, but they both have behaved the same. (I've taken some timelapse videos of myself sleeping to figure out my night movements, etc. and also for figuring out this O2Ring problem using my ~$20 Wyze cam)

I am trying to work with LookeeTech to resolve and they are very responsive. Wellue themselves has taken 2 days for email reply. So far we can't figure it out.

Open to alternate ring/wrist device suggestions or (ideally) leads to a solution for the O2Ring.

(06-14-2021, 05:57 PM)OpalRose Wrote: The Ring will stop recording if you take it off.  Once you remove the Ring, it starts a countdown <10, and then
creates a session.  If you put the Ring back on within the 10 second countdown, the Ring will continue the session.

Hi OpalRose - Yes, I understand. I've taken time-lapse videos of myself and my rings stay on the whole time every time and I've watched at least 10 nights. I've also worn the rings during the day to see and I've noted them stoping and starting many times. I'm attaching a cropped view of one of these time-lapse videos showing my hand barely moving during one of the lapses.

It fits snugly on most fingers (except pinky). I've even tried different orientations on the thumb and forefinger (charging port toward fingernails, away, face facing same direction). 

Thanks - Apnea Board newbie who's grateful for this community and mods for overall Apnea help! Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
It seems like you have a defective Ring.

Is Wellue willing to replace it?
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see several reports regarding Lookeetech on the BBB. It came up when I was searching for their products. All the complaints involved defective products. It's odd that the founder of Lookeetech is claiming that he developed all their products. I guess he helped Al Gore invent the internet too. Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry you’re having problems, it certainly seems to be defective, unless you’re removing it in your sleep.
I have been using mine for quite awhile and find it to be very accurate.
You can set it to alarm if your pulse or 02 drops below a certain point.  It’s easy to import data into Oscar.
Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's weird. I use the wrist version of the Viatom/Wellue ring sensor and it's SO much more reliable than any other pulse ox I've tried. I haven't tried the O2Ring because I figured it would just slip loose (and do what you're seeing, timing out and turning off). But if you can swap the O2Ring for one of the wrist-based products, I'd definitely suggest giving that a go instead. All of the Contec ones have slipped off my fingers either partly or completely (at one point during my worst ever desats and I lost 20 minutes of data that would have been SO helpful in kicking my doctor in the butt). But I have never lost contact with the wrist-worn Viatom unit because the ring sensor can't slip off the finger because of its length.

My product is the VisualOxy (which doesn't actually start recording into a second slot if it reaches a maximum of ten hours) and next time, I think I would go for the SleepU (which I believe does). But that said, if you don't tend to sleep ten hours or more without waking up, then you're fine with any of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using an O2Ring for about two months now and have never seen that problem. I agree with the other posters who suggest you might have a defective product. Or as people have said what you're seeing is consistent with the O2ring thinking you've taken it off, like maybe the sensor isn't getting a good signal? But you say you've tried wearing it on different fingers and positions, so that seems less likely.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 0 10 9 minutes ago
Last Post: Valtor
  First night done, now what? (OSCAR data attached) Stephaniea0213 5 140 03-20-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Airsense 10 not recording data Guajiro 3 159 03-11-2024, 07:02 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 409 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 215 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Angry Wellue Checkme Sucks & CTD Brewskie 3 447 01-18-2024, 07:39 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.