Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What type of mask do you use?
This poll is closed.
Full Face Mask
32.56%
14 32.56%
Nasal Mask
18.60%
8 18.60%
Nasal Pillows
48.84%
21 48.84%
Total 43 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Equipment] What Mask Type Do You Use?
RE: What Mask Type Do You Use?
I have been using the Amara View since it came out. Very comfortable.
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wups, I forgot about one more Nasal Mask.

Mirage FX Nasal: That's prolly about my third favorite mask after the P10(2nd). It's pretty good if you want something that gets real close to the feel a full face mask but of course without the mouth piece but most importantly without the bridge of the nose sores too...
Post Reply Post Reply
For my first 7 years on CPAP I used the Respironics True Blue nasal mask. When I recently got my new CPAP, the Respironics DreamStation Auto, my clinician already had out for me a Resmed AirFit N20 nasal mask. She said she thought I would like it and I do. I thought the True Blue was great, and it is a good mask, but this one I like much better. So far I have used it for 4 nights with 100% mask fit shown on the display. It's smaller and lighter. She also told me that the True Blue was going to be discontinued soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with a nasal mask because that's what the DME gave me. I couldn't get a good seal because of sweat on my face.

I switched to nasal pillows and used them for a couple of years. I wasn't happy with the leak rate graphs, they indicated significant mouth leaking.

I put off switching to a full face mask because of the bad experience I had with the nasal mask. But to my surprise I had no trouble when I finally took the plunge and switched to a full face mask. I figure the sweating must have been due to the anxiety associated with being a new CPAP user.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just finished my 2nd night with my new ResMed AirFit F30 mask system. I think I got the head gear straps adjusted properly, as I had no leaks last night, from what I can recall. 

It's even more comfortable now that I'm getting used to it. It's so nice not to have something just below my eyes and riding on my nose. 

Both nights, so far, have resulted in an AHI of 1.0  like
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm also thinking of trying that F30.

I have changed my mind about my top two nasal pillow masks. 
I now find the Resmed P10 to be better than the PR Nuance Pro. 
Even though I appreciated the softness of the Nuance Pro pillows, they collapse during the night, causing me suffocation.
The P10 was a little stiff because of that second inner layer, but after having been using it for a while now, I am used to the stiffness and it doesn't make my nostrils as sore anymore.
I sleep much better now.
The P10 is now my fave.
Post Reply Post Reply
Swift FX nasal pillow mask is my mask of choice. My backup is a Dreamwisp nasal mask and an Airfit p10 (which I would love if it used headgear more like the Swift).  I could never get a good seal with Dreamwear, or any of the other masks I tried.
Post Reply Post Reply
My current choose is the Bleep Sleep Dreamports

No headgear
No marks on my face
No leaks (When i have stuck them on properly and shaved my nares)
Silent (By adding a Resmed Filter as a diffuser)
Post Reply Post Reply
Full face for me, because I simply cannot breathe through my nose 90% of the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've now been using my AirFit F30 FFM for a couple of weeks. I do okay with it, but not all that much better than with my AirFit F20.

I have noticed that the F30 is more prone to moving around than the F20 is. Although it is smaller, it just seems to get misaligned a lot. 

Between the two masks, I will do fine. I may decide to swap back & forth from time to time. I'll work on building up my mask supplies so that I have plenty on hand.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suggestions for correcting class 6 flow type on Oscar Gugliano 5 253 03-03-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 514 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Mask type in settings isn’t the mask I’m wearing 3k9BAO 1 418 11-15-2023, 11:31 PM
Last Post: eok361
  ResMed mask settings - what changes in each type? skypony 8 16,100 11-13-2023, 10:14 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Treatment] Where can I get this type of Boil-and-bite Mandibular Advancement Splint / MAD? selfhelpdevice 1 309 11-13-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What type of leaks are these on OSCAR? meatwagon42 2 452 11-09-2023, 10:20 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
Question What type of mask should I select on my device? hejohoo 5 589 08-21-2023, 02:02 PM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.