Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Poll: What Brand of Machine do you use?
This poll is closed.
Resmed
56.76%
21 56.76%
Respironics
40.54%
15 40.54%
Fisher & Paykel
2.70%
1 2.70%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[Equipment] What brand of CPAP do you use?
What brand of CPAP do you use?
I am interested not in any particular models, but just the brand. Why do you use them?

Price--Quality--Reputation--Easy of Use--Given to you by DME--Recommended by Friend--

I listed the top 3 brands I could think of, If I left off a major brand I appologize in advance
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What brand of CPAP do you use?
I was originally give a Respironics Remstar APAP as a trial machine, and while waiting for my titration study. It worked so well I thought that was what I'd end up with. After about 6 weeks they changed me to a ResMed CPAP set at 18cm, and I totally hated it. But that was more because it was a fixed CPAP and with that pressure it was giving me grief. During the time before I started CPAP and my final sleep lab, I did tons of research, and found the ResMed S9 Auto... and found that I could get the software, the clinician's manual, instructions on how to get into the clinical setup menus, etc. All for free. At that point, it was a no-brainer, that's the machine I was going to end up with.
Post Reply Post Reply
my first two were given by dme, both respironics

my wife's first one given by dme.

i paid 100% out of pocket for my third respironics when i could have got anything. Price--Quality--Reputation--Easy of Use-- and software came free with it from the dealer---are all good descriptions of why i like it. in 2 years when i can get another one from the dme i will ask for another respironics.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2012, 11:37 AM)CHanlon Wrote: During the time before I started CPAP and my final sleep lab, I did tons of research, and found the ResMed S9 Auto... and found that I could get the software, the clinician's manual, instructions on how to get into the clinical setup menus, etc. All for free. At that point, it was a no-brainer, that's the machine I was going to end up with.

Ditto. In addition, the great number of people using this machine provided a large base from which to obtain information in the event I had problems, questions, issues, etc..
Breathing keeps you alive. And PAP helps keep you breathing!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had 2 Respironics and two ResMed- liked each of them equally.
Post Reply Post Reply
Data efficacy is important and not all machines shows efficacy data. Only ResMed (S9 Elite & S9 AutoSet) report unintentional leak on the device.
ResMed
http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers
Phillips Respironcis
http://respironicsremstars.respironics.com/
Fisher & Paykel Icon
http://www.fphcare.com/osa/cpap-solution...amily.html
DeVilbiss IntelliPAP
http://www.devilbisshealthcare.com/produ...ap-devices
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey, no fair! I have two machines but the poll will only accept one option. Annoyed-and-disappointed

Over the years, I've had a Respironics, a couple of ResMeds, a Fisher & Paykel, and the AEIOmed. Apparently they have all worked well since I'm still here. Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
My present machine is a Respironics. Love it. Especially love how it saves my data for me.

My previous machine was a ResMed machine. Liked it as well. It was one of those that saved data to one of those Smart Cards. However, no one told me about that and how to use it so all that data was lost. *Sigh*
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I currently have a Respironics RemStar Auto M series. I have been using it every night for the last 5 years. It has changed my life for the better, and has been a reliable machine with one small exception of a leaking humidifier. Other than that it's been great. I am switching to a ResMed Autoset S9 next week. After much research I decided that I would give it a try. I hate rain-out in the tubing, (I guess that our bedroom is too cool) and I'm looking forward to the Climate Line tubing from ResMed. I am also looking forward to using the software, which until now I haven't used. I like the display features as well, not to mention the support from other forum members.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with a Fisher & Paykel which was recommended by the sleep doctor.

Then switched to an S8 Auto and now an S9 Auto.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brand new to this Cheesedream 53 2,504 02-09-2024, 08:12 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 406 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Brand new Bi-PAP machine whistles on inhale. S.L. Ping Beauty 4 581 02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 460 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic? billy2606 3 496 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new? LordHelmet 8 1,436 01-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Any help grateful ! 39m brand new to CPAP RedArt 1 434 01-02-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.