Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] What format for SD Card for Dreamstation 2
What format for SD Card for Dreamstation 2
What would one recommend for the format to be used on the SD Card for a DreamStation 2  ex/FAT is an option... is that the same a FAT/FAT32??
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What format for SD Card for Dreamstation 2
I would stick with the FAST32. It is an accepted standard for SD cards. The exFAT, while allowing for much larger storage devices, responds much slower to inquiries and commands than the FAT and FAT32 counterparts.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much..
T
Post Reply Post Reply
A related question. I recently received a Dreamstation 2 Auto PAP from Phillips (replacement for Dreamstation Auto CPAP as part of the recall). It didn't come with an SD card as far as I can see. I know I can call Phillips and see if they can send me one. If that doesn't work out, does the Dreamstation 2 take the same size and type as the Dreamstation? My current SD card is 4GB per what I saw when I checked the info when it was attached to my PC. I would like to use an SD card in the hopes that I will be able to use OSCAR to read it -- someday --- after the code/algorithm is figured out.
Thank you.
(PS OSCAR software is terrific. Showed OSCAR/data to my sleep MD today, she was impressed!)
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, your current SD card will work.   I would recommend that you format prior to using it in your DS2.  That way there won't be any old data that could interfere.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I was wondering if I could or should do that. I have all of the DREAMSTATION ONE data loaded into OSCAR.
Post Reply Post Reply
When formatting an SD card for your CPAP/APAP, you should use the SD Card Formatter from the SD Association rather than the built-in Windows or Mac disk formatting tools to avoid read/write errors due to non-standard SD card formatting.

You can download the Formatter here.
"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself...A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

Marcus Tullius Cicero, Roman philosopher, statesman, and political theorist
Post Reply Post Reply
I came to ask the same formatting question but also this: the DS2 user guide doesn’t mention anything about SD cards other than using one to update firmware. If I format a card FAT32 and put it in the machine, will it collect data as I’m used to from SystemOne, DS1, etc.?
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes! All SD cards use a FAT32 format. Depending on your operating system, several members have stated having better formatting results by using the free software from the SD Association.

Here is their download link:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks! Yep, got all that, I just wasn’t sure the machine would store data on a card since the book doesn’t even mention it.
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Philips SD Card Format Question Crimson Nape 1 233 02-16-2024, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dreamstation 2 SD card size? MontanaGoat 2 675 08-18-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: MontanaGoat
  Oximeter Data Format & OSCAR purplebear 20 2,228 12-27-2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: redhermes
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 921 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  Dreamstation 1 to Dreamstation 2 - hardly any water use Lazagna 4 1,710 10-22-2022, 06:59 PM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
  [CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure FOMO 2 1,532 09-18-2022, 07:59 PM
Last Post: FOMO
  How to get Oscar data from Dreamstation without SD Card SnoreFreeIWish 1 995 07-12-2022, 02:25 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.