Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

UARS - Sleep Study
UARS - Sleep Study
I live in Mexico so I translated it from Spanish.  I was diagnosed with UARS about 5 years ago, but have worsened a lot and am almost bedridden from tiredness. I am wondering if someone would have any comments or insight about my recent sleep study. It won't let me upload photos so I translated and typed out the important part.

Number of Arousals 66
Arousal index 11.6
Central Apnea Index TTS 8.9

Respiration Arousals:
NREM 46
TST 46
TIB 50

Total Arousal Occurences:
REM 4
NREM 62
Awake 5
TST 66
TIB 71

BRUXISM
26 Occurrences

Apneas 5
Hypopneas 44

In relation to respiratory activity 49 respiratory events, predominantly obstructive, were recorded. Partial (44 hypopneas), to a TST RDI of 8.6 events per hour of sleep. 66 electroencephalographic activations were recorded, of which 46 are related to a respiratory event, with an index of 11.6 awakenings per hour of sleep.

Low sleep efficiency. Data suggesting the presence of obstructive apnea/hypopnea syndrome light intensity sleep. Prolonged latency to sleep onset and REM sleep. Alteration in maintenance due to an increase in WASO. Poor sleep architecture due to superficial decrease (N2), increased slow wave sleep and decreased REM sleep. An increase in the alert index is observed, these mainly related to respiratory events. An increase in tone in the lower extremities was observed during the waking stage, which should be related to the presence of restless legs syndrome. Regarding the analysis of muscle activity, 26 events of increased chin tone were recorded, with an index of 4.6 events per hour of sleep, which is suggestive of bruxism. Presents AHI 8.6 events per hour of sleep, alteration in gas exchange during sleep is ruled out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: UARS - Sleep Study
Are you being treated?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,108 8 hours ago
Last Post: jkossis
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,326 Yesterday, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 158 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 50 2,146 04-16-2024, 02:57 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  First night with new Bipap after sleep study and 37 AHI mostly CA PandaZA 87 1,367 04-13-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: PandaZA
  [Diagnosis] Second opinion on study is needed please Abdulfakih 17 358 04-04-2024, 08:42 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 5 347 04-04-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Humancyclone7

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.