Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] What to do if you HATE your Machine?
What to do if you HATE your Machine?
Hello everyone,
I'm a new member from Canada. I was diagnosed in June with OSA, and had used the Respironics System One 60AutoBipap Machine Model CA761TS.

I tried to do my due diligence in researching the products and saw the ResMed S9 got better reviews. So I decided to choose that knowing that the Airsense10 was not a good model for here because the wireless system was being discontinued for a new version coming in the fall.

I received my new machine exactly two weeks ago. And simply put I HATE it so much. it's not working for me. I have not had a good night sleep since using my new machine and my AHI has gone from 0.4 to between 4 and 7.4 being the highest yesterday. Unfortunately the machined are not returnable in Canada (they are all Final Sale), so I'm stuck with it. I really want to go back to the Philips Respironics as it worked best for me. The lady at the shop today told me that ResMed and Respironics do not use the same algorythims which could be why I'm not getting my results anymore. And politely told me I'm out of luck.

Has anyone been in this situation? I'm so miserable after spending $1500 for the ResMed machine, and I cannot afford to buy a second AutoBipap machine right now. Are there any places that sell used machines or do trade-ins? (I'm not sure if I'm asking a verboten question, I'm trying to stay in the guidelines).... I never knew how bad my sleep was until using the right machine for me....and I want my sleep back!!! HELP!Dont-know
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: What to do if you HATE your Machine?
Hi Lexxus and welcome to the forum
Our forum is an international forum but based in US and have to abide with US law which prohibit selling or advertising CPAP prescription items by other than registered DME/suppliers businesses

Supplier #2 might do a deal with you, they sell new and used CPAP
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

You can also describe in details (maybe in a new thread) what sort problems are you having, so people who use the machine can helps

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lexxus,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with your machine. Hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting your machine fine tuned for you, or getting a machine you prefer.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Lexxus,

I have the same machine (S9 VPAP Auto) and it works really well for me. I wonder if it's just a matter of tweaking some of the settings to get your AHI back down and your therapy back on track. If you're unable to get the machine you want, you're welcome to post some SleepyHead reports here and we'll try to help you make the S9 work for you.Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Lexxus:
"Resmed S9 VPAP S Auto" does not accurately describe a ReMed S9 machine.
I think you mean Resmed S9 VPAP Auto. The same machine I use.
The Resmed S9 VPAP Auto can run on one of 3 modes. As a fixed pressure CPAP -- as a fixed level bilevel in "S" mode -- as a bilevel auto.
You list you pressure as 10-18. If you're running in VPAP Auto mode, there are 3 pressures that are set. IPAPmax, EPAPmin and PS.
The machine in auto maintains the relationship IPAP = EPAP + PS. The separation between IPAP and EPAP pressures is constant and equal to PS.
IPAP and EPAP are free to seek optimal pressure limited by IPAP less than or equal to IPAPmax; and EPAP is limited on the lower limit by EPAPmin.

I would check to see what mode you machine is set to; then check for the 3 pressures I mentioned above.
You may be running in fixed level bilevel (VPAP is ResMed's tradename for bilevel) in S mode (S =Spontaneous trigger from IPAP to/from EPAP.)
If so, it might explain why you dislike your machine.

Explore your settings and see if you are really set as prescribed for you.

Kindest Regards,

Mongo
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I too, use the same machine as Mongo and both of us find it an excellent machine. It may well be just a matter of settings.

It would be a good idea to list all of your settings. There might be some funkyness elsewhere.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone… I double checked my machine and it looks like it is only A VPAP-S Easy Breathe model , it does not have an auto setting on it. Mongo, just as an FYI, each country has a slightly different model Number for their machines, there is. VPAP-S Auto model too in Canada but I don't have it.

I have been working with the store, and they are going to sell me a Phillips Respironics at dealer cost… But it is still going to cost me $1100 Canadian out of my pocket now. [commercial website address removed per Apnea Board rules]. I have reverted back to falling asleep during the day and not sleeping well at night… So I might as will not even be using this Resmed machine.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2015, 04:54 PM)Lexxus Wrote: Hello everyone,
I'm a new member from Canada......

I tried to do my due diligence in researching the products and saw the ResMed S9 got better reviews. So I decided to choose that knowing that the Airsense10 was not a good model for here because the wireless system was being discontinued for a new version coming in the fall.

Just wondering if you can elaborate on what you know about this seeing I am looking to get the ResMed AirSense 10 ELITE model late November after I go back to see my sleep doc, and I am in Ontario. Not sure what part of Canada you're in or even if it makes a difference.

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2015, 07:02 PM)cate1898 Wrote: [quote='
Just wondering if you can elaborate on what you know about this seeing I am looking to get the ResMed AirSense 10 ELITE model late November after I go back to see my sleep doc, and I am in Ontario. Not sure what part of Canada you're in or even if it makes a difference.

Thanks!

Hi Cate, before you get the Air Sense 10, make sure it has the new modem installed… Because the old one is being discontinued and will not be compatible with the software out. That is why I was advised not to purchase now… But the new model is coming out this fall.
I am in Ottawa btw. My best advice to you is to try out the models that you are interested in before you make a final purchase because, in Ontario, in medical device cannot be returned or exchanged… As I found out the hard way
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2015, 12:50 AM)Lexxus Wrote: Hi Cate, before you get the Air Sense 10, make sure it has the new modem installed… Because the old one is being discontinued and will not be compatible with the software out. That is why I was advised not to purchase now… But the new model is coming out this fall.
I am in Ottawa btw. My best advice to you is to try out the models that you are interested in before you make a final purchase because, in Ontario, in medical device cannot be returned or exchanged… As I found out the hard way

Can you please post where this is stated? You are the only person in the entire internet to post this "fact" that there's a new Resmed model coming out this fall. There is no mention of this new model anywhere else that I can find. That's kinda sketchy.

In addition, there is no way that the older machines would suddenly not be compatible with software. Something really stinks about what you've written.

EDIT: After reading your posts, it's much more likely that you were scammed by your DME into buying an S9 instead of an A10 - since it's way cheaper for the DME. Until you can post some evidence that the A10 is being refreshed now, I'd still stick with the A10 over the S9 any day.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] So far I hate CPAP mindyb01 5 401 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: rogerded1
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,189 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Man, I hate leaks...even small ones David Clark 9 1,073 07-11-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,794 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Why the “hate” on the ramp feature? Kmar13 19 3,685 03-12-2022, 01:50 PM
Last Post: martyedb
  Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns! cathyf 29 3,425 08-07-2021, 10:58 PM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.