Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] What to do if you HATE your Machine?
RE: What to do if you HATE your Machine?
My first question was why one earth did you switch machines? Were you unhappy with the Respironics machine? If not, why rely on reviews, mostly by people who simply have one religion or another or don't know the other side at all - this is an Apple/PC debate - neither major maker is better than the other, both do the same thing but via different methods and have different bells and whistles to accomplish identical results - what you find comfortable for you is what you should use, and if had no discomfort from the Respironics machine then you should not have changed, and I am very curious as to why you did.

Either way, the S9 is not a bad machine, it does use a different algorithm than the PRS60 but properly adjusted you as an end user should not notice very much of a difference, and I suspect that the adjustment of the machine is the problem, not the actual brand. Before committing to another large investment, would it not be worth checking that the adjustments you had for the PRS60 can be matched on the S9 (more or less they can) and then see if you can feel comfortable with it? If you still can't, and it is not a noise issue (you did not state what is so miserable about using the device, only numbers and a bad night's sleep), I might suggest that the device you were sold is a dud and needs to be checked at the factory (it IS under warranty, non?) - you really should feel very little difference between them - one pushes air a bit more aggressively than the other in certain situations, and vise-versa, from the end use standpoint, but they are both fine devices and outside of that and some noise issues that some users notice and some don't, they are nearly the same once on your face and fine tuned for comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think, what Lexxus talking about, the built-in modem is not available in all countries
Certainly, was not available in Australia until recently, maybe the case in Canada too

Machines without the modem cannot be connected to MyAir or transmitted data remotely or connected to ResMed for future software upgrade. Recently some machines had software upgrade to do heated hose fault. I think software upgrade cannot do with the machine algorthim or something serious, otherwise that will require new FDA approval and a different machine altogether
My machine have the modem, as bought from overseas, not connected to MyAir, but I can live without daily score and silly comment
You can put the machine on "Airplane" mode and disable the modem
Post Reply Post Reply
After rereading the OP's original post and recalling that he is on BiPAP not CPAP, maybe if they are making any changes it is only to the BiPAP or what they call VPAP machines? I am looking to get the AirSense 10 Elite not a BiPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2015, 07:07 AM)zonk Wrote: I think, what Lexxus talking about, the built-in modem is not available in all countries
Certainly, was not available in Australia until recently, maybe the case in Canada too

Machines without the modem cannot be connected to MyAir or transmitted data remotely or connected to ResMed for future software upgrade. Recently some machines had software upgrade to do heated hose fault. I think software upgrade cannot do with the machine algorthim or something serious, otherwise that will require new FDA approval and a different machine altogether
My machine have the modem, as bought from overseas, not connected to MyAir, but I can live without daily score and silly comment
You can put the machine on "Airplane" mode and disable the modem

My Air works in Canada as well - I've never had a problem with it - I have a feeling that the OP was talking about Respironics vs Resmed as Respironics is getting a new BiPAP auto machine - I believe it's out now.
(09-27-2015, 07:27 AM)cate1898 Wrote: After rereading the OP's original post and recalling that he is on BiPAP not CPAP, maybe if they are making any changes it is only to the BiPAP or what they call VPAP machines? I am looking to get the AirSense 10 Elite not a BiPAP.

He mentioned Airsense 10 though - the BiPAP version is called Aircurve 10. I can't find any information on what he has said anywhere though.
Post Reply Post Reply
No neither can I. I googled it and couldn't find anything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2015, 06:29 AM)ramblingasian Wrote: [quote='Lexxus' pid='132420' dateline='1443333017']

Can you please post where this is stated? You are the only person in the entire internet to post this "fact" that there's a new Resmed model coming out this fall. There is no mention of this new model anywhere else that I can find. That's kinda sketchy.

In addition, there is no way that the older machines would suddenly not be compatible with software. Something really stinks about what you've written.

EDIT: After reading your posts, it's much more likely that you were scammed by your DME into buying an S9 instead of an A10 - since it's way cheaper for the DME. Until you can post some evidence that the A10 is being refreshed now, I'd still stick with the A10 over the S9 any day.

Holy cow, what is with this hostility and rudeness? If you want to enter a discussion you might want to consider watching your words and changing your tone. You are incredibly offensive !

To answer you politely, as I had stated earlier, I was told at the store that there is a new modem coming out for the A-10 and that the current modem will not be compatible. The store did not try to persuade me to get the S9… In fact this store does not like ResMed Machines due to the high dissatisfaction rate from their customers. They recommend the Respironics to their customers or the F&P CPAP. I too wondered if my store at a biased… But I was I have been calling different stores in both Canada and the USA trying to sell my machine, I have been told by one store IN THE USA that they have a high return rate for the Res Med machines. If the machine works for you, then that is great! But it doesn't work for me, and I dread using it.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you can sell it and not come out too far behind, good luck. S9s are unfortunately rather past sell-bye date, so I am unsure how or where you might, but as I said, if it is a matter of getting the settings right, then try that before committing a lot of money for the PRS *. I am more concerned that you spend a great deal of money than anything else when it may be a simple fix and you can be happy in your sleep. Good luck either way. If you are willing to take a bit of a bath, try selling it on e-bay if it is allowed. You won't get anything near what you paid for it, but you will get something, at least.

*note: I am agnostic about any machine - I personally use the PRS and find it to be a great device, would not trade it for the world, but have used machines from Resmed, and, when properly adjusted had no complaints about them either. I regularly test and assess new medical devices for a variety of organisations as an "expert observer" and my one negative observation with the S9 was an odd noise at the bottom of exhalation.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2015, 01:28 PM)Lexxus Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 06:29 AM)ramblingasian Wrote: [quote='Lexxus' pid='132420' dateline='1443333017']

Can you please post where this is stated? You are the only person in the entire internet to post this "fact" that there's a new Resmed model coming out this fall. There is no mention of this new model anywhere else that I can find. That's kinda sketchy.

In addition, there is no way that the older machines would suddenly not be compatible with software. Something really stinks about what you've written.

EDIT: After reading your posts, it's much more likely that you were scammed by your DME into buying an S9 instead of an A10 - since it's way cheaper for the DME. Until you can post some evidence that the A10 is being refreshed now, I'd still stick with the A10 over the S9 any day.

Holy cow, what is with this hostility and rudeness? If you want to enter a discussion you might want to consider watching your words and changing your tone. You are incredibly offensive !

To answer you politely, as I had stated earlier, I was told at the store that there is a new modem coming out for the A-10 and that the current modem will not be compatible. The store did not try to persuade me to get the S9… In fact this store does not like ResMed Machines due to the high dissatisfaction rate from their customers. They recommend the Respironics to their customers or the F&P CPAP. I too wondered if my store at a biased… But I was I have been calling different stores in both Canada and the USA trying to sell my machine, I have been told by one store IN THE USA that they have a high return rate for the Res Med machines. If the machine works for you, then that is great! But it doesn't work for me, and I dread using it.

The problem is that you come into a forum and make a gigantic statement that there's a new modem coming out for a best selling machine and there's absolutely no information anywhere else except for your statement. If there's no information anywhere on the internet about this other than your statement, shouldn't your statement be questioned?

EDIT: As well, you mention that Resmed machines have a high return and dissatisfaction rate, yet again there is little information anywhere about this too. Should I not question you as well?

Sorry if I was too blunt. But your statements about Resmed machines makes more than just one person here question you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-27-2015, 01:28 PM)Lexxus Wrote: In fact this store does not like ResMed Machines due to the high dissatisfaction rate from their customers.
Just because they say so, does not make it a fact
Their handful of customers are drop in the ocean in comparison to satisfied customers world wide
As for satisfaction rate, I'm very satisfied repeated Resmed customer but not one of theirs

Okay let us have a nice cup of Chai [Image: Tea-Pot.jpg]

Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Autoset 10 and it doesn't appear to have a modem - guess its pre-modem - although my original loaner did have the cell connection. I was actually relieved to not have the connection as I was using a toshiba wireless SD card which enabled me to have the data automatically sent to my server which I could remotely log into an review Sleepyhead graphs - all so easy. From comments here it sounds like the data going on mysleepair or whatever it is doesn't provide the detail people would like.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] So far I hate CPAP mindyb01 5 401 01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: rogerded1
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,205 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Man, I hate leaks...even small ones David Clark 9 1,073 07-11-2023, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,799 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,320 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Why the “hate” on the ramp feature? Kmar13 19 3,688 03-12-2022, 01:50 PM
Last Post: martyedb
  Why I hate MyAir more than the heat of 1000 suns! cathyf 29 3,430 08-07-2021, 10:58 PM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.