Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] What to do with used equipment?
Ohmy 
What to do with used equipment?
I have a used CPAP machine that I need to donate, recycle, burn, use as an anchor, or whatever. Can anyone make a suggestion? I already have 1 back up CPAP. No need for two.
RE: What to do with used equipment?
Hi Danny, welcome to Apnea Board!

American Sleep Apnea Association has a CPAP donation program, but they currently only accept relatively newer machines. Click HERE for their CPAP donation page.

Alternatively, Supplier #2 on our forum Supplier List (CLICK HERE for the list) accepts gently used CPAP machines as well.

Or, you can find a sleep center near you (CLICK HERE to search your area). Sometimes, sleep centers will accept used machines that are distributed to low-income patients without insurance.

Hope this helps!

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

SuperSleeper, Thanks for the speedy reply. I will definitely use your resources to find a new home for this old friend.
Many people sell (or donate) through craigslist.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Hi Danny D,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Yes sell it for $20 on Craig's List. Or give it away on Craig's List. Ask to see their prescription to ensure you are not giving it to a venture capitalist.
Although there is no need for 2 CPAPs, there is definitely a need for a backup. The machines are pretty reliable, but they are still mechanical devices and sometimes a power supply or other failure can occur. At that point you'll want a backup until a repair or replacement can be obtained.

What model is the old unit?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Thanks
(02-21-2015, 06:40 PM)archangle Wrote: Many people sell (or donate) through craigslist.

Thanks
(02-21-2015, 07:51 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi Danny D,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

(02-22-2015, 03:36 AM)player Wrote: Yes sell it for $20 on Craig's List. Or give it away on Craig's List. Ask to see their prescription to ensure you are not giving it to a venture capitalist.
Thanks Good advice. I don't need to make anything on the deal if it will help out someone in need.
(02-22-2015, 09:42 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Although there is no need for 2 CPAPs, there is definitely a need for a backup. The machines are pretty reliable, but they are still mechanical devices and sometimes a power supply or other failure can occur. At that point you'll want a backup until a repair or replacement can be obtained.

What model is the old unit?
{machine type edited out by Admin]

I am in the process of getting new equipment. Once I get the new CPAP, hopefully by weeks end I will be donating a Remstar M Series with conjoined heated humidifier.

Thanks for the helpful advice, folks. Since we don't want this thread to morph into the illegal sale, trade or transfer of prescription-required equipment (CPAP machines), I've edited out the specific type of machine and I'm closing this thread, since the OP has already received some good advice. Please refer to the forum rules if you have further questions.

Thanks.

Danny, good luck with the new machine and finding a home for the old one. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Best place to buy cpap equipment in Dubai or UAE Foxhunt 6 546 02-14-2024, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Macka
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 376 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Equipment] Successful equipment modification tcurran 8 553 01-05-2024, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  hammer44 - ASV Therapy Equipment Question hammer44 11 602 01-01-2024, 01:47 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] CPAP Equipment Selection mgonthier 1 333 09-13-2023, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  What to do with "old" equipment? Paul Van Benschoten 10 940 06-30-2023, 08:34 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  What's the quickest easiest way to clean your CPAP equipment? WWu777 24 3,737 03-06-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: nelamvr6

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.