Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] When does S9 Autoset Start collecting data?
When does S9 Autoset Start collecting data?
Hi everybody, I was wondering when data collection begins for the S9 Autoset. Is it as soon as the machine is turned on? Or does it somehow detect when you fall asleep? I am wondering because my Sleepyhead data showed a night where I had 6 OAs in 10 minutes which happened within 4 minutes of the data collection beginning. I'm wondering if I am messing up my data by having conversations with my spouse with the mask on before falling asleep. It just doesn't seem likely that I fell asleep within 4 minutes and immediately had several close succession OA events, or does it? Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When does S9 Autoset Start collecting data?
Starts as soon as you turn on your machine. Xpaps have no way to determine when you fall asleep.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 01:38 PM)Mike1953 Wrote: Starts as soon as you turn on your machine. Xpaps have no way to determine when you fall asleep.

Thank you. Do you have an opinion on whether talking would show up as an event? I know I have to close off my nasal airflow to do it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Zoli,
It's possible the machine can record your talking as an avent, and it could record a high leak rate which will distort your data.

Also, when turning over in middle of night some may hold their breath, and if it's longer than 10 seconds, it will record that as an apnea event.

Try this: do all your talking before you put your mask on....Unless it's an emergency. :grin:

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, sounds like a good plan. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, sorry! Forgot to say.....Welcome
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2015, 02:04 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Try this: do all your talking before you put your mask on....Unless it's an emergency. :grin:

Make sure you get your spouse to agree to this. Mine does, and still she asks me questions after the mask is on, and gets annoyed if I do not answer. Then tells me I didn't need to remove the mask to answer her. etc. Oh-jeez
YMMV of course.

I just ignore the first 5 -10 minutes of the graph on the nights I remember and put a note in the Sleepyhead so I remember
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 110 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  CPAP journey start - please help (thread) Negligee1136 48 4,276 01-29-2024, 03:54 AM
Last Post: zaienk
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Need to start CPAP and feeling overwhelmed shipofools999 11 1,186 10-06-2023, 07:10 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Should I start CPAP? brianstermat09 3 514 08-24-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: Ockrocket

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.