Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Where Do You Get Your CPAP Supplies From?
Where Do You Get Your CPAP Supplies From?
I'm new to CPAP and I have a local place (same place that did my study) that I got my machine from.  I'm wondering where people are getting their supplies from?
Ryan
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where Do You Get Your CPAP Supplies From?
It depends.  If my insurance is covering it, I and it makes sense financially, I go to my DME, I get my heated hose from online because without a script for it the DME wouldn't.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2017, 11:22 AM)bonjour Wrote: It depends.  If my insurance is covering it, I and it makes sense financially, I go to my DME, I get my heated hose from online because without a script for it the DME wouldn't.

Thanks.  Yep, I'm asking about if insurance is covering it and if you don't mind can you tell me the name of the site where you get you supplies?  Thanks.
Ryan
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME is Hart Medical, Metro Detroit Michigan
Online I typically use the one named after Wonder Woman (Smile Amazon, they donate a small portion to a charity you choose) or Supplier #1)

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
I get my supplies through Medicare approved DME, online retailers and Ebay, although Amazon has since added masks and stuff. For online retailers, I have purchased from both Supplier #1 and Supplier #10 and been very satisfied not only with their products, but also with customer service. I just wait for sales and/or free shipping which often comes near holidays.

Why don't I get everything via Medicare? First, you are only allowed one mask every 6 months which really restricted trying other masks and doesn't allow for times when you may need a different mask. Two, I needed some masks that were not part of the DME line (I use Circadian cloth masks when I have sinus swelling). Three - my DME was too far of a drive to try different masks and they were never very clear on their return/exchange policy. Four, sometimes you just can't GET what you want such as filters (brand name vs. knockoffs) or water chambers (machine washable vs. hand wash only).

Several online retailers have mask insurance that you can buy (often free - just select it) to try the mask for 30 days. Be sure to read what the 30 days entails so that you ship the mask back soon enough if you don't want it. I recently switched DMEs due to supplemental insurance change, but I know what I need now, so it's less of a problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
We buy a lot of things from Amazon, and I use my points to purchase CPAP equipment!!! It usually ends up being free or close to it when I use the points.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2017, 11:38 AM)bonjour Wrote: My DME is Hart Medical, Metro Detroit Michigan
Online I typically use the one named after Wonder Woman (Smile Amazon, they donate a small portion to a charity you choose) or Supplier #1)

Fred

That's funny because I get mine at Hart Medical also but in Grand Blanc Michigan, just north of Detroit. I should meet you sometime to list my sleepyhead . I just can't get it right.

(08-04-2017, 03:43 PM)jerry1967 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 11:38 AM)bonjour Wrote: My DME is Hart Medical, Metro Detroit Michigan
Online I typically use the one named after Wonder Woman (Smile Amazon, they donate a small portion to a charity you choose) or [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #1)

Fred

That's funny because I get mine at Hart Medical also but in Grand Blanc Michigan, just north of Detroit. I should meet you sometime to list my sleepyhead . I just can't get it right.
Post Reply Post Reply
Note I say currently. I use 1 of 3 available DME's on my insurance list. Again currently, I am using Apria; the other 2 I could use are Rotech and Lincare. Rotech was used by me up till I began the switch to an ASV machine. I made the switch to try forcing a ResMed to be issued as that is what Apria carries. Since I'm disabled with no income, buying anywhere else isn't happening. Uh currently that is. Assuming I am successful in a Social Security Disability appeal and begin collecting, then my purchase choices will change to one of the listed suppliers and/or Ebay, Amazon, etc.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was with Apria and the service was awful.  Although they have a local office 2 miles from me I couldn't call it. I had to call a call center who would relay the message, usually incorrectly. Usually calls weren't returned. They messed up a number of supply orders and charges and getting it straightened out was a headache. I switched to Lincare and surprisingly, have found them to be much better to deal with. I can call the local office and they are quite friendly and helpful. They don't constantly bug me with robocalls for supply orders. So far they are much better. I got my Resmed airsense10 autoset from them before I knew the difference between a brick and a good machine. I confirmed that my Dr. did not specify the machine so they could have given me a brick but didn't try. There Techs aren't great but that appears to be the norm for DMEs.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
My DME is Symbius Medical in Phoenix, AZ and they are great. If I need supplies, like a 10 foot hose which my DME no longer stocks, I use one of the suppliers on the supplier list. I check to see who has the best deal at the time. I have enough masks and cushions stocked up from the auto-delivery as I usually get one every time whether I really need it or not. Always good to have spares. I also have several spare tanks for my humidifier as being a native New Englander I hate to throw anything away.

Homer
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Medicare Providers for Airmini Supplies knitsafghans 4 156 03-15-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Medicare & Re-Ordering Supplies oneeyeopen 12 872 02-07-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Beginner Must Have Equipment/Supplies PoutinePrincess 7 377 02-07-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Extra Supplies Columbiabill 2 390 12-28-2023, 03:15 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
Wink CPAP machine and supplies? Insurance or not? Fatheaded 13 1,582 11-26-2023, 05:50 PM
Last Post: RedNailz
  Where to send unused/unopened CPAP supplies? highrateleaker 1 527 11-25-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.