Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Where does the S9 keep its settings
RE: Where does the S9 keep its settings
(03-16-2014, 01:21 PM)c0reDump Wrote: First off, S9s are not life support equipment Smile -- I'm not going to keel over in minutes (or weeks) if I go without the CPAP.

Secondly, I doubt the S9s would revert to some kind of "default prescription" if the clinician's settings were wiped (for whatever reason, be it dead CMOS battery or whatnot). It would probably display some error code on the LCD screen if the settings were wiped / not set.

S9's have hard coded defaults. You can do a full reset on the machine; and all parameters will default to those hard coded defaults (except total run hours.)

Not life support; perhaps a poor choice of words on my part; but, a sleep apnea patient could wake up dead. Or, if the machine fails to hold the prescribed treatment, and a patient has worsening heart disease -- then finds out the machine had a design fault because some engineer decided volatile memory was cheaper -- that's the stuff lawsuits are made of.

Oh-jeez
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-16-2014, 01:01 PM)justMongo Wrote: I would never base a design for life support equipment on volatile CMOS memory with a battery when non-volatile memory is available and cheap.

I think you nailed it. ResMed has a partnership with STMicroelectronics using the ARM Cortex-M processors. These usually have program flash, configuration eeprom, and ram on-chip. They also have a backup battery connector and an RTC backup battery connector.
Post Reply Post Reply
My elite is set for the following
Pressure: 12 (found in clinical settings)
EPR: full-time (found in clinical settings)
EPR level: patient (found in clinical settings)
Ramp time: 15 minutes (patient settings)
EPR Inhale: Med (clinical settings)
EPR level: 3 (patient settings)
Tube heat: 80
Humidity: Auto

With my machine set this way it feels like natural breathing to me using a simplus oral nasal mask. With the inhale set at medium I don't get aerophagia like I used to because I think set on fast was forcing air a little too quickly. My AHI has consistently been less than 1.0 and most nights 0.0. Resmed makes a good machine, once you get all the settings in harmony it's even better.

Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 857 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,663 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,116 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,758 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.