Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Where to buy cpap without prescription.
Where to buy cpap without prescription.
Hi. How's everyone... I was searching on how to buy a cpap machine(a smaller one for travel) without a prescription and found this forum. My story. I have sleep apnea. I know this because in the past would be in a deep sleep and wake dreaming a bad dream with my heart racing. One time jumped out of bed and stubbed my toe real bad. Work for city government, have insurance of which i am thankful and have had a sleep study a couple years ago but they say i do not have sleep apnea just what did they call like sleep disturbances. I was a little flabbergasted about the diagnosis because i know i do and pretty bad too but they would not prescribed anything just wanted me to come back and pay more money and already cost me almost a thousand for the study. So i walked away and didn't look back and have been self medicating myself on a borrowed cpap. Thankful for my Mom she was diagnosed having it and said she simply cannot use it so gave the cpap to me along with the other equipment and boy does it make a difference. I'm worried one day i may need a better cpap along with better settings because her settings starts at 5 and i'm not sure how high it goes but it is an auto. I know the highest reading i have seen using it is right at 14.2 maybe, somewhere around that number in my memory. Lately if i sleep on my left side will wake up with my hands and feet tingling which i believe my mouth opens and letting too much pressure out because i use the nasal poppets or whatever you call 'em. Sleep on my stomach mostly cannot get to sleep any other way except sometimes on my left side which lately again has been an issue. Man before the cpap raised my bed, tried a special bought pillow, nasal strips of which none of that worked, did get a 12 inch bed wedge which helped a lot but not enough, still using it along with the cpap. I need advice. Looking at the machine have an AHI of 2.2 in a 30 day period and 90% pressure is 9.9 in a 30 day period so know those numbers are good and the 90% pressure has improved because it used to be in the 11 range. Been eating more of the plant based world along with water and some extra exercise but this pesky sleep apnea doesn't go away completely. Since the sleep doc.'s are no help need to know where i can buy my own cpap without a prescription and how to set it up. Thank you in advance for help and advice. C.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Where to buy cpap without prescription.
(04-14-2017, 06:55 PM)BathTubSleep Wrote: Hi. How's everyone... I was searching on how to buy a cpap machine(a smaller one for travel) without a prescription and found this forum. My story. I have sleep apnea. I know this because in the past would be in a deep sleep and wake dreaming a bad dream with my heart racing. One time jumped out of bed and stubbed my toe real bad. Work for city government, have insurance of which i am thankful and have had a sleep study a couple years ago but they say i do not have sleep apnea just what did they call like sleep disturbances. I was a little flabbergasted about the diagnosis because i know i do and pretty bad too but they would not prescribed anything just wanted me to come back and pay more money and already cost me almost a thousand for the study. So i walked away and didn't look back and have been self medicating myself on a borrowed cpap. Thankful for my Mom she was diagnosed having it and said she simply cannot use it so gave the cpap to me along with the other equipment and boy does it make a difference. I'm worried one day i may need a better cpap along with better settings because her settings starts at 5 and i'm not sure how high it goes but it is an auto. I know the highest reading i have seen using it is right at 14.2 maybe, somewhere around that number in my memory. Lately if i sleep on my left side will wake up with my hands and feet tingling which i believe my mouth opens and letting too much pressure out because i use the nasal poppets or whatever you call 'em. Sleep on my stomach mostly cannot get to sleep any other way except sometimes on my left side which lately again has been an issue. Man before the cpap raised my bed, tried a special bought pillow, nasal strips of which none of that worked, did get a 12 inch bed wedge which helped a lot but not enough, still using it along with the cpap. I need advice. Looking at the machine have an AHI of 2.2 in a 30 day period and 90% pressure is 9.9 in a 30 day period so know those numbers are good and the 90% pressure has improved because it used to be in the 11 range. Been eating more of the plant based world along with water and some extra exercise but this pesky sleep apnea doesn't go away completely. Since the sleep doc.'s are no help need to know where i can buy my own cpap without a prescription and how to set it up. Thank you in advance for help and advice. C.

europe
ebay
amazon?
craigs list
seen some for sale in postings on these boards 

my home study to prove apnea was 150
then 450 for an overnight titration adjustment study
Post Reply Post Reply
Travel specific CPAPs are expensive. You can get a new Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto DSX500T11 on Amazon at a ridiculous $318 if you move fast Search "RemStar Auto System with A-Flex". This unit comes with a heated humidifier and hose...even the picture is incorrect on the ad. When camping,the Philips CPAP systems can be run without the humidifier, and with a standard unheated hose. They are 12 volt systems and can be operated from a battery.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Amazon and Craigslist seem to be good places. You can search this forum for tips on how to shop Craigslist for one you'll be happy with.

If my sleep dr wasn't helpful, my plan was Amazon.

Sorry your dr left you high and dry. That's frustrating, especially when you know something is not ok. And *expecially* when you know how good you feel when you use a cpap.

Is there a reason you want to replace the one you have? We can help you adjust it and fine-tune your settings. There's a link at the top with directions on how to email for the clinicians manual for your machine, so you can learn how to access the useful menus.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2017, 06:55 PM)BathTubSleep Wrote: I'm worried one day i may need a better cpap along with better settings because her settings starts at 5 and i'm not sure how high it goes but it is an auto.

The System One Auto is an excellent machine, and can provide better therapy with settings based on your own therapy needs. Although it's discontinued, the technology hasn't changed much. You only need a different machine if you want a smaller one for travel.

You will want to get the clinician's manual as Hydrangea suggested, so you can change your own settings. Also, download Sleepyhead using the link at the top of the webpage. Sleepyhead will read the data from your SD card to help you determine better settings. A minimum pressure of 2 or 3 below the 90% pressure is a good starting point.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BathTubSleep,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You have come to the right place for help.
Good luck to you with your CPAP therapy and also with getting it optimized to meet your needs.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2017, 06:55 PM)BathTubSleep Wrote: Hi. How's everyone... I was searching on how to buy a cpap machine(a smaller one for travel) without a prescription and found this forum. 

If you can't find the Dreamstation on Amazon at the wonderful price, and need to go to a cpap store (even online) you may wish to consider the APEX XT auto. If you are not going off the grid, it is compact, simple to use and does the job. No separate power transformer. Forget it if you need humidification, as it then becomes bulky.

Since I own one, I travel with it and keep my precious Dreamstation at home Smile .
lots-o-coffee
The doctor says coffee does not affect my tinnitus and it's got lots of antioxidants....however, the after dinner drinks are a different matter altogether. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2017, 08:19 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Travel specific CPAPs are expensive.  You can get a new Philips Respironics Dreamstation Auto DSX500T11 on Amazon at a ridiculous $318 if you move fast Search "RemStar Auto System with A-Flex".  This unit comes with a heated humidifier and hose...even the picture is incorrect on the ad.  When camping,the Philips CPAP systems can be run without the humidifier, and with a standard unheated hose.  They are 12 volt systems and can be operated from a battery.

Sleeprider, I found it, but was wondering if you know of anyone that bought it and can confirm it's the Dreamstation. I still seriously want to get away from  my DME and this price is enticing enough... I guess if it's not, I can always return it... or keep the unit that's sent. Price is up to $369 now.
Post Reply Post Reply
kdmorris, the machines is listed as NEW and the model DSX500T11 means it is actually a Dreamstation Auto with heated tube. If it is ANYTHING different from that Amazon will cover you on the A-Z Guarantee. In this case the vendor has feedback, good feed back for this device. Everything points to this being a legitimate deal. Amazon uses stock photos and in this case the wrong photos are being used. I have seen this frequently before, and if you lookup the Dreamstation BiAPP Auto that is currently available for $720, you will see the same stock photo error. This is a Dreamstation Auto and a great deal. If anything does not meet your expectations, your purchase will be refunded including shipping charges. If you want extra assurance, contact the seller through the Amazon vendor contact link.

I recently put in a purchase for a pool robot cleaner that I suspected might be fraudulent, since price was too good to be true. The order was cancelled and my card refunded. I have every reason to believe the offer for the Dreamstation is legitimate, and I have a lot of trust that my purchases on Amazon are safe, and even safer when done on a credit card.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2017, 08:23 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: kdmorris, the machines is listed as NEW and the model DSX500T11 means it is actually a Dreamstation Auto with heated tube. If it is ANYTHING different from that Amazon will cover you on the A-Z Guarantee.   In this case the vendor has feedback, good feed back for this device. Everything points to this being a legitimate deal. Amazon uses stock photos and in this case the wrong photos are being used.  I have seen this frequently before, and if you lookup the Dreamstation BiAPP Auto that is currently available for $720, you will see the same stock photo error.  This is a Dreamstation Auto and a great deal. If anything does not meet your expectations, your purchase will be refunded including shipping charges.  If you want extra assurance, contact the seller through the Amazon vendor contact link.

I recently put in a purchase for a pool robot cleaner that I suspected might be fraudulent, since price was too good to be true.  The order was cancelled and my card refunded.  I have every reason to believe the offer for the Dreamstation is legitimate, and I have a lot of trust that my purchases on Amazon are safe, and even safer when done on a credit card.

Sleeprider, thank you so much for the quick reply!!! We've had issues before with things not being as pictured on Amazon, but we sent it back and everything was refunded. I'm going to get one and if all goes well, send Apria packing (I've just had another go round with their *+&**&&* billing department and hate them with a passion right now). Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prescription for specific mask types? Slycer 2 89 03-17-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Slycer
  Prescription settings AfibApnea 12 774 11-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: AfibApnea
  [CPAP] Question about cpap/bipap prescription UARS tugboatxd 9 974 11-09-2023, 02:00 AM
Last Post: meatwagon42
  Buying ASV online without a prescription books456 19 1,948 05-31-2023, 09:58 PM
Last Post: DevinJones
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 457 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Prescription for BiPAP DanEm 11 1,169 12-25-2022, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How to get a prescription - live in rural area Madison320 22 2,402 11-11-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Madison320

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.