Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Which Pulse Oximeter is best for OSCAR (and why)
Which Pulse Oximeter is best for OSCAR (and why)
Hi-

I am interested in buying a Pulse Oximeter to use occasionally with OSCAR. 

The OSCAR Oximeter Import Wizard lists a few that are comparable but I did not see advice/discussion on which one would be the best to buy (assuming the Resmed Air 10 Oximetry Module is out of my price-range).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Chitlom
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
RE: Which Pulse Oximeter is best for OSCAR (and why)
I’m interested in the same question...  Is there a low cost model that stays on at night and is comfortable?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-01-2019, 04:13 AM)Chitlom Wrote: (assuming the Resmed Air 10 Oximetry Module is out of my price-range).

I wish there was enough interest that a company would make a cheaper version of the wired ResMed oxymeter rig. Kaiser loaned me one of theirs for home titration once and it was so simple to use, and the wire was less hassle than the giant wrist module of the Contecs.
Post Reply Post Reply
I picked up a CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor with touch screen so I could keep a close eye on my o2 sats.  I got a hand held so I could monitor during the day as well and record what was hapening.  It has memory and alarms for high and low o2 sat and heart rate. The interface is a bit odd but once I figured it out it works fine. Basically you have to enter a profile for each use or just enter the defaults and the system uses a unique sequential file code so you can locate and upload it to OSCAR. Once you hit OK it is recording, at the end of the session hit save, your done. The included software mini disk provides a viewer program that works well, yet simple. My only complaint was the SD Card mini Adapter supplied was not exactly reliable, it would not save, the memory chip was loose in the adapter. I will be getting a new 2GB regular SD Card as a replacement. This Device is file format sensitive it requires a FAT format which is only good up to 2GB.

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Here is a Product Review for the CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor it is the one I am using, and it is most likely about  a quarter of the price, works good too.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...se-Monitor
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pulse oximeter fun SCgargoyle 6 315 04-05-2021, 12:09 PM
Last Post: RadarRalfs
  suggestions for RUGGED recording pulse oximeter car54 5 217 03-29-2021, 09:51 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Need help interpreting Pulse Oximetry results Mindbullets 18 520 03-25-2021, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Mindbullets
  Pulse Oximeter Data Moabyte 17 589 03-21-2021, 04:31 AM
Last Post: chrisj
  intellipap 2 dv64 pulse dose error code 81 TitanX 0 137 03-07-2021, 07:04 PM
Last Post: TitanX
  Oscar Dummy - Help me get started using Oscar chris94546 3 277 03-02-2021, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Does anyone use pulse oximeter? farnsy 13 1,915 02-02-2021, 07:23 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.