Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Which ffm are your favorite
Which ffm are your favorite
My doc put amara view on my prescription. What if I don't like it? Am I stuck with it?
What other masks would you suggest.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which ffm are your favorite
Thats a difficult question, there are so many makes and models out there and everyone has a different opinion, it's really a bit of trial and error unfortunately, I use a Resmed Quattro Air and are fairly happy with it apart from a few leaks which you will get with any masks. Personally I like staying with the same brand of mask as the machine but that is just me. I liken it to shoes or clothing, some people like Nike, some Adidas etc, etc, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try going through the list on the web page for Supplier #1. They have a good web site with pictures and sizes of each mask divided into categories, FFM, Nasal Pillows, etc.

I often look through their site when I'm looking at different masks.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
The F&P Simplus is my favorite standard full face mask. I tried several during the first month of therapy. I subsequently tired a Respironics Amara View. It took some time to get used to the mask and to learn how to adjust it properly (not too much, not too little, just the right tension). Now that I have used it for several months, it is my primary mask.

Jeff
Sleep is worth the effort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all your replies. You guys are great!
Post Reply Post Reply
SpeedD:

I have settled on a Respironics Amara View as my preferred FFM. I tried nasal pillows, then a nasal mask and found I needed a full face mask due to mouth breathing. I had mixed results with an Amara (gel cushion leaked too much and the silicone cushion didn't leak but chewed up the bridge of my nose)

I switched to an Amara View on August 7th and have had very favorable results. Sleepmapper/DreamMapper reports consistent 100% mask fit and Sleepyhead backs those results up. I find it to be very comfortable and I can wear glasses without any problems.

I note that some have tried the Amara View and did not find it to their liking so YMMV.

HDK
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2015, 07:49 PM)SpeedyD Wrote: My doc put amara view on my prescription. What if I don't like it? Am I stuck with it?
What other masks would you suggest.
I think, you can return the mask within 30 days and try another one
Find out about supplies replacement http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...6_Medicare

I've tried number of full face masks and none of them worked for me .... YMMV
Good Luck
Post Reply Post Reply
As long as the doc didn't put "dispense as written", you can get any mask you want.

Each face is different and what works for one of us won't work for another. Especially when it comes to FFMs. Ask your local supplier if they have a mask trial option. If they do, take advantage of it.

Also consider using a nasal pillows/mask with a chin strap instead of a full face mask. If you are mouth breathing at night, the chin strap will solve that. Nasal pillows and nasal masks are more comfortable and leak a LOT less.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your favorite chin strap? theredheadsaid 4 1,058 08-19-2022, 08:55 AM
Last Post: theredheadsaid
  Favorite tricks to reduce apnea WITHOUT CPAP/BIPAP etc anobono 5 998 01-14-2022, 09:12 PM
Last Post: cberistain
  Favorite nasal headgear/cushions/pillows for a 100% side sleeper? Bobaloo 14 2,435 12-11-2020, 03:24 AM
Last Post: 2SleepBetta
  What is your favorite sleep related book? Damiansd 6 875 03-21-2020, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Damiansd
  What’s your favorite nasal mask? SleepyTexasGirl 4 1,550 01-13-2020, 07:11 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  What's your favorite epr settings? 1 2 3. Med or fast return? Hellodare 9 1,742 03-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What is your favorite comfort item? SpeedyD 13 2,752 02-17-2016, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Milk and cookies!

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.