Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Which machine should I go with?
Which machine should I go with?
Hey guys I just got diagnosed yesterday and I was wondering what machine I should go with? 

I was looking at: 
1.) ResMed airsense 10 autoset 
2.) PR dream station auto 

I’ve heard that the a-flex setting on the PR sucks terribly so I’m leaning towards the ResMed currently. I was also wondering if there are any NEW machines coming out that I should hold out for? Like maybe ResMed 11 series or something?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which machine should I go with?
We get far more therapy flexibility and effectiveness with the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset. That's the one. A newer model is not presently on the horizon, so I would not suggest waiting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay sounds good. Thank you man! I look forward to being a part of this community!
Post Reply Post Reply
It's refreshing when someone asks this question before they are dispensed a machine, rather than afterwards, and they come looking for help. The Resmed is much more responsive to flow limitation and offers a true 3-cm bilevel difference between inhale and exhale pressure that follows the user's respiratory effort. Philips flex is kind of a mess as you said. It anticipates inspiration and expiration and does an extremely poor job of that with individuals that have flow limitation or a longer low-flow expiration. As a result, we find Philips users need to start with higher pressures and avoid the use of Flex, and many still end up with higher AHI from hypopnea. The difference is real, so again, thanks for asking.

Welcome to the forum, and we look forward to hearing more from you. If you really want to wow the person dispensing the machine, ask to plug it in, then navigate the menus to verify the run time is at or near zero and the settings are what you expect. You can get your own clinical manual at the link at the tip of the page, or just study this quick pictorial tutorial. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome, Sleepgains! When you get your machine, let us know if you’d like some suggestions about how to ease into using it as smoothly as possible.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do! I think my first question is going to be what is the safest way to eject my sd card from my machine and into my computer? I use a PC. Do I have to lock the sd card after I pull it out of the machine? Do I have to install certain drivers or anything? Thank you for any reply!
Post Reply Post Reply
No special drivers required and no need to lock the card.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
G'day Sleepgains. Welcome to Apnea Board.

Before you go any further, can I suggest you post a copy of your sleep test report to the forum? That will let us see if there are any complicating factors like central apnea. For 98% of the population the machine recommended above is the right one. But a small percentage of people need something more advanced - better to find out now rather than later.

If you post the report please include all pages, especially the charts and tables which can often show up important facts that get glossed over in the summary. Also, make sure you erase all personal ID information like phone number, medicare number etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Definitely number 1. I got number 2 and regret it every night.

+1 on the suggestion of uploading privacy redacted sleep report.

Regards,
Damian
Post Reply Post Reply
Hmm interesting! What actually is a hypopnea and flow limitation? Is there a resource I can go where they are explained in simple terms? Thank you guys!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,128 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.