Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Which machine?
RE: Which machine?
(07-13-2013, 12:26 PM)Sach_nyc Wrote: spdklls99 - Nice. Did you need new prescription to purchase AutoSv advanced?

NOPE..I ordered and payed for it with my credit card from Supplier #2 on the suppliers list on this forum..

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

.(my post will be deleted/edited by moderators if I name the supplier by name in here, dont know why it matters really honestly) The website information page says you need a prescription but they never even asked me if I had one.
My machine had only 200 hours on it and cost less than $1500....brand new its listed at $3500
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
You can name the supplier, just as long as their name is not the same as their website address.

ApneaBoard is considered an educational site. It is why we can offer the software. To maintain that educational status, we do not allow commercial links.

The Supplier's List is so we can keep the good habit of not using the name of a website. We just refer folks to the list.

As for you not being asked for a prescription, that is illegal. I am sure it was just an oversight by some tired employee. A prescription is required for any US customer to purchase a xPAP machine and/or mask. The prescription does not have to be from a sleep doc. My current machine I got from one from my regular GP.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

(07-13-2013, 04:24 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: As for you not being asked for a prescription, that is illegal. I am sure it was just an oversight by some tired employee. A prescription is required for any US customer to purchase a xPAP machine and/or mask. The prescription does not have to be from a sleep doc. My current machine I got from one from my regular GP.
You need a prescription to get contacts too..but I bought A 3 YEAR supply online and they even mentioned in the ship email that they were sending it to me even tho they didn't get a prescription from me...also illegal ..but seriously..big hairy deal...jaywalking is illegal..and so is a slew of other mundane "who cares crap"...

.If i was Supplier #2 and someone sent me 2 grand..I could care less if they sent a valid prescription along with it or not...

One of the stupidest things in my opinion is needing a prescription to get a fricken mask and headgear..a new machine..blah blah...I applaud Supplier #2 for not asking for it and hope they never do..I may need another machine one day and I dont want to ever have to deal with another inept couldnt care less if I lived or died sleep dr who borderline malpractice incorrectly told me I needed a 15 thousand dollar ventilator and not an ASV...and I proved him wrong..ILLEGALLY NON THE LESS
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see
ApneaBoard is an educational site and we do all we can to maintain that status.

Discussion of illegal activities, accidental or not, cannot happen on this board. Discussion of the existence of the laws are allowed, but discussion of actually doing it is not. Yes, that's a thin line. Yes, this discussion crossed it.

This thread is closed. Sach_nyc, please feel free to start another thread to continue your need for assistance.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 262,131 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  machine died! Now new doctor and new machine Bjazzman 17 6,787 09-05-2022, 09:07 PM
Last Post: NValtman11
  [CPAP] Using SoClean Machine with CPAP Machine ronald1810 4 1,319 06-01-2022, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  Pin from power plug stuck in machine ResMed cpap machine B10576 12 6,753 04-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Hellodare
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,248 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.