Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] White buildup in my dream wear mask
White buildup in my dream wear mask
I have been using my mask for 6 months and love it. I clean it weekly but have noticed a white buildup inside the tubes and cannot clean it out. Anyone have any idea what this is and how to get rid of it.
Jeff
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: White buildup in my dream wear mask
calcium from the water. Use a mix of water and vinegar and soak it.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Jswalters,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck as you continue CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I only use distilled water
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-05-2017, 08:56 PM)Jswalters Wrote: I have been using my mask for 6 months and love it. I clean it weekly but have noticed a white buildup inside the tubes and cannot clean it out. Anyone have any idea what this is and how to get rid of it.
Jeff

What are you using to wash your mask? A white buildup may be from using hard water.
Try using dawn liquid and a vinegar rinse. Then rinse again with distilled water.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is "white spots" just like glasses in the dishwasher get. Simple mineral build up. Easy to fix with a vinegar and water solution (I think we determined once it was 1 part vinegar, 10 part water?). Wash it in that with your usual soap then rinse well. Or use your usual method to wash then just do a soak in the vinegar solution. Let air dry. The smell typically doesn't remain.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 147 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 933 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Cannot get my mother to wear a cervical collar: Phaleronic 5 353 01-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] White Noise Generator Sleepster 9 631 11-13-2023, 11:41 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
Exclaimation [Diagnosis] 2 Yrs CPAP & I Still Don't Dream - Eliminated Obstructive But Central Apneas Present droo 5 530 08-31-2023, 07:18 PM
Last Post: droo
Question Resmed AirTouch F20 on Dream Station 2: X factor? SleeperAwake21 1 427 05-19-2023, 04:43 PM
Last Post: SleeperAwake21
  Best way to wear finger/ring oximeter (eg O2Ring) DavidEsp 7 1,246 04-09-2023, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ferrus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.