Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Why are there so many bad reviews of the Philips Respironics DreamStation?
RE: Why are there so many bad reviews of the Philips Respironics DreamStation?
I've been using my DreamStation (DS) for almost 2 years now. First one had an alarm code displayed after 3 months of use and was replaced with a new unit. I do notice this 2nd one has a whining noise after a few month of use. It's more of an annoying noise to my wife than me. We are not that sensitive to the noise in fact we listen to relaxation waterfall sound from my Google Home every night.

I recommended DS to my parents when they both need to use CPAP machines because I'm familiar with the setting and the store was able to give us a good price for that. It's been a few months after they used it and never heard of anything wrong with it.

As for the humidifier, I always have water left there even after 10 hours of use at setting 1 or 2 out of 5. Sometime I do have dry mouth but I think it's because I opened my mouth.

But next time I probably going to try out the Resmed depends on how much more compare to the DS of course.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,975 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 54 4,811 04-11-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: TimaaaaaaaahRocks
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,805 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,882 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 472 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,217 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 263 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.