Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Wireless transfer feature question
Wireless transfer feature question
I got a ResMed AirSense 10 two weeks ago and noticed it has a wireless transfer feature. Who does it call and why, when? Is this necessary or just another privacy intrusion?  Huhsign
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wireless transfer feature question
My understanding is that it is a cost saving to you and the insurance company.

For you it allows the doctor to get reports without you having to bring the machine into the office after you have made an appointment, driven to the dr's found a parking place, checked in, waited in the lobby with all the sick folks sharing away their bugs with you, being called to a room and left to sit waiting for a nurse to take your vital signs and history, then two minutes with the doctor and out the door for you. now the drive home all the way thinking "what a waste of my time".

For the insurance company they can check to be sure you are using the equipment that they are paying for. If not they will stop paying.

For the equipment provider the DME it is easy to call up your machine and get reports for the doctor and insurance. If ordered to they can change the settings on the cpap from their office. House call cost a lot more.

And if you are of a tinfoil mindset it gives the space aliens, nsa or others a way into your brain. Dielaughing Who want into that mess...

It just saves money is the bottom line Okay 

Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: TFH.gif]
A little skepticism about phone home systems is warranted in today's electronic non-privacy age.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
It can be helpful, but it is also something to watch.

It is the source of the daily uploads to the "MyAir" web portal that allows you to monitor your night (totally redundant once you get something like Sleepyhead)

Things to watch... Being on this forum, you will likely learn how to make fine adjustments to your settings through the clinician's menu to help improve your therapy.
Generally, this is not a problem, but every now and then, you will get someone working for your DME who feels that it is their duty to make sure that your therapy is an exact match for what the doctor prescribed... they can use the link to return your settings to what it was set to in the office.

My wife was out of town for a few days, and apparently either the modem was unable to make contact (comparing bars to my phone, it is apparent that they don't use Verizon in my area), and on her way home they called her and asked why she wasn't using her machine. She was over 30 days, but still within 90.
Of course, as soon as she got home and plugged it in, it made contact.

But other than "MyAir", the cellular modem is of no use to us. We can't access it and manually download the data using it.

Enter Toshiba FlashAir-III Big Grin

SD card with a WiFi device built in. It was designed for digital cameras, but it works wonderfully for the A10 and other machines.
Configure and install the card, then you can use a program like FlashPAP to transfer the information to your computer, then import it into Sleepyhead, without having to remove the SD card from your machine.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi wayne1600,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oscar wireless to my pc? Or iPhone app? Dolla Bill 3 638 08-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  How to transfer CPAP machine between Provinces dkasik 3 638 08-16-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  [Equipment] Wireless transfer not enabled (grey), Resmed 10 autoset Galletto1959 2 538 06-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  Reverse ramp feature? McPhearson99 9 965 01-01-2023, 04:02 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
  Question about wireless modem in Aircurve 10 redlegs 14 3,213 08-25-2022, 01:15 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
Question [CPAP] Airsense 10 without wireless vs Airsense 11 sleepysurgeon 12 3,388 07-14-2022, 08:30 AM
Last Post: Horseshoez
  Wireless Quit on AirSense 10 LanceC 28 12,563 04-20-2022, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.