Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Wrist Oxygen Monitor
Wrist Oxygen Monitor
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to purchase a genuine Wellue Checkme O2 Max wrist Oxygen Monitor.

Both Vibeat and getwellue websites do not list Checkme O2 Max (only the Checkme O2 is listed).

viatomtech website does list a Checkme O2 Max but there is no store there to purchase (only has a Contact Us button but no reply from them as yet).

I also found an eBay listing for Checkme O2 Max (listed with a UPC of 700721208234 and a brand name of Vibeat).

I am completely confused with these brand names etc.  I would greatly appreciate it if someone can let me know whether the UPC 700721208234 is the Genuine Checkme O2 Max or not.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wrist Oxygen Monitor
Hi nanaa0!  -  Welcome
After some searching, I found the Checkme O2 Max on Walmart's website. Here is the link:
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wellue-Pulse-.../278346510

I tried searching using the UPC you provided, and only found sites listing the Checkme Max as out of stock, or on eBay, the sale had ended.  So, to answer your question; Yes, that is a valid UPC.

As a followup, I compared the specifications of the Checkme and the Checkme Max. I can not find any difference. In fact, the prices are the same.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here in the USA, I was able to buy the Checkme from Amazon a few days ago. But, now I see that the price at Walmart is $25 less (grumble, grumble). Good news is that I don't have any trouble importing the .csv data from the wellue PC program into Oscar. It is worth a little trouble, since it seems to be easier to understand results than in Wellue's Android app.
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience with the wrist models from Viatom is not good.  The weakest link, in my opinion, is where the ring sensor plugs into the wrist monitor.  I have had both wrist models, and they failed rather quickly.  My theory is 1) the quality of these plug-in connectors should be better, and 2) you are moving around with the ring sensor plugged into the wrist monitor.  This movement could, in my opinion, cause the connector to fail sooner.  So far, I am doing great with the finger model.  The only time it is plugged in, it is stationary and charging.  When it is on your finger, it is not connected. 

Viatom is the manufacturer that makes these devices and markets them through their own distributor, Wellue, and other distributors.  The devices are very popular, and they are selling well.  I suspect the company is making gradual improvements in the units.  I think the newest and upgraded units go to Wellue, and the slightly older units get passed off to other distributors.  My personal rule going forward is to purchase everything directly from Wellue.  It also makes it easier to claim the warranty. 

As I look back over my message, I hope I did not violate any rules for naming vendors.  I will make any adjustments necessary.   Most importantly, read about the importance of O2 concentration during sleep.  O2 drops below 88% for 5 minutes should be evaluated by your doctor.  There are other causes of low O2 concentration, but sleep apnea is certainly a big one.   I wish I had learned this sooner.
Post Reply Post Reply
As far as I know, the Checkme o2 Max just has a bigger battery and also a data cable that will work with a pc, rather than a white charging cable.

I have the Checkme O2 , but if I was buying again, I think I would buy the O2 ring which I think would be more convenient to put on...

Btw. viatom just offered to send me the black data cable at no charge, when I emailed to ask how I might connect to a pc, rather than just vi BT on the phone.
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
One reason I bought the Checkme was the bigger screen on my wrist. I didn't want to be reaching for reading glasses in the middle of the night. Turns out, there is a big screen, but the text size is still small. So, maybe the ring would have been better.
Post Reply Post Reply
I received a Checkmate O2 Max 3-4 days ago and have finally got the O2 Insight Pro software installed on the computer and working - what a chore. Next step is importing it into OSCAR. I am not good on computers and could use a step by step detailed set of instructions. ANY help is greatly appreciated !   Thinking-about
Post Reply Post Reply
Assuming you have the data showing up in O2 insight pro okay, then it's easy from there. You just click the "Export as CSV" button on the upper right, make note of where it's going to store it, then hit the save button.

Now switch over to Oscar, click on the Data menu at the top, then click on Viatom/Wellue Data. Use the dialog to change to the directory where the .csv was saved by O2 Insight, and select it. Don't worry, Oscar will remember that directory future imports.

In the future, when you have more data files, just select the one you need. You can use the file size and/or date of the file to help narrow it down. You can import another file for the same date and Oscar will stitch them together -- this is great for when you have multiple sleep sessions the same night.
Post Reply Post Reply
I followed all the directions, but I don’t know where to read it at. I open the Oscar file for the day the Oximeter report was for, but I don’t see it anywhere. I must be missing something, it’s possible I need to install some drivers I think.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry to inform you, but the Viatom loader does not support a CSV file. It only parses the Viatom/Wellue binary data file. I'm currently on a Linux box, so I'm trying to recall this from memory, alone. While in Insight Pro, select the "Configure" button. At the bottom is/was the path where the data is stored. If you used your oximeter starting at 9:15:30PM on June 18, 2023, the resultant file name will be 20230618211530. This is the type of file name you are looking for.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 153 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 827 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 1,020 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 413 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Sleep study review / O2 ring - Oxygen Desaturation SingleH 5 617 01-07-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: SingleH
  Why would supplemental Oxygen be added to CPAP? kc90 18 1,193 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Is there a standrad for Oxygen Desat Events. dataq1 3 460 12-27-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.