Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Z1 auto travel cpap mode change
Z1 auto travel cpap mode change
I just purchased the z1 auto and it is set on apap. I would like to change it to straight cpap but the manual doesn't provide this info. Can anyone help me? Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Z1 auto travel cpap mode change
Hi Aschaefer5,

I believe the device "locks" after each power cycle.
You have to "unlock" to enable switching modes.

Order the Clinicians Manual for your Z1 Auto.  You should find detailed instruction.

http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the help.  The manual on how to lock and unlock isn't very good describing how to go to different settings.  The manual I was able to find totally skipped how to change from APAP to CPAP indicating a clinician needed to perform the task?   hope this one is better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Aschaefer5,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck with CPAP therapy and also with figuring out how to change your settings on the Z1Auto.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I have same problem. In Z1 Auto machine I want to change from CPAP to APAP.

Could you find the solution? Will be thankful if you can share
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the Clinician's Manual available for download online, and I have attached it to this post. This manual allowed me to adjust my Z1 Auto travel CPAP to the correct settings. 

IMPORTANT: I did this AFTER receiving my doctor's prescription for the appropriate treatment settings. This was to save a visit to my medical equipment provider - not to avoid getting proper medical advice. 

A couple of other notes on the Z1 Auto:
* Per some advice I found on these forums, I do NOT use the skinny tubing that came with the device. I purchased standard diameter tubing online. I was able to get a 6' hose from The CPAP Shop, although I think 4' would have been fine...but it's hard to find them.
* Also, as advised on these forums, I "broke in" the motor on the unit by running it in another room overnight (about 8-10 hours). Apparently, the motor needs a little break-in time before it starts running more quietly.

Hope this helps save some other people some time with trial and error!

MODERATOR NOTE:  Link to Clinicians Manual removed.  You can find Clinicians Manuals here on Apnea Board by using the link at top of page.
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-21-2018, 03:47 PM)sbostin Wrote: <snip>
* Also, as advised on these forums, I "broke in" the motor on the unit by running it in another room overnight (about 8-10 hours). Apparently, the motor needs a little break-in time before it starts running more quietly.
<snip>

I'm astonished!  I unboxed mine, plugged it in and used it that night, and was amazed at how quiet it is (compared to a ResMed S8 Escape II, which I found to be extremely quiet).

Too bad you didn't do a comparison to see what decibel levels you had and achieved.  However, glad you like the machine; that's important for successful therapy.

Happy PAPing!
Post Reply Post Reply
I realize that this is an older thread...but just got the Z2, and didn't find it too loud (I have the ResMed 10 Autosense, but then again, I have some hearing loss).  For anyone that has used a standard tube instead of the skinny tube, has that quieted the machine any, or have you noticed any problems...either mechanically or with your therapy?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,417 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,672 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Any experiences with BMC M1 Mini travel Auto CP?AP DrJelly 4 670 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: DrJelly
  Is a travel CPAP machine worth it? BobbieM 21 5,720 03-14-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: tommystix
  Difference between S-Mode and VAUTO mode - Aircurve MrIvanDrago 3 246 02-27-2024, 02:28 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 317 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.