Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Best O2 sensor?
RE: Best O2 sensor?
Yep, I would get the ResMed oximeter if it weren't so expensive.

I have the O2Ring, and for the most part works well, but admittedly is not that comfortable. I only use it a few times a month, but when I do, I find I end up removing it sometime during the night. Rolleyes
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I chose an iWatch six even though I read comments here about it's accuracy (or possible inaccuracy.) I bought an app so I wouldn't have to subscribe to the monthly services sold by the manufacturer.

I wear my watch to get this report. It's comfortable. This is the reason I bought the watch. Results make me grateful, because they usually are in the mid 90's.

I understand that android watches have this feature too and have been told they are better. However, it fits in well with the smart hardware I use. (ancient iMac; ancient ipad, and work supplied and managed iphone.)

Ihave no idea how to connect the apps report to OSCAR.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2022, 01:03 AM)FrankFuss Wrote: Just Google "Nonin Wrist Pulse Oximeter", and you would also need their Nvision software.

Wow. Price is no object indeed. 739USD.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2022, 10:32 AM)DaveL Wrote: I chose an iWatch six even though I read comments here about it's accuracy (or possible inaccuracy.)  I bought an app so I wouldn't have to subscribe to the monthly services sold by the manufacturer.

I wear my watch to get this report.  It's comfortable. This is the reason I bought the watch. Results make me grateful, because they usually are in the mid 90's.

I understand that android watches have this feature too and have been told they are better. However, it fits in well with the smart hardware I use. (ancient iMac; ancient ipad, and work supplied and managed iphone.)

Ihave no idea how to connect the apps report to OSCAR.

I have a Fossil smartwatch running Android. It does pulse but not O2 sats. I wish it did. There are, I think, runner's watches and fitness idiot's watches but I'm neither so the other features would be wasted memory space.

I've been nodding off during the day and my doc and I are trying to find out why and are starting with the CPAP direction since it is easier. I need sleep O2 sat data I think.

Also looking at getting a new mask. Probably a hybrid of some sort. But that's a different thread.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have used my new Lookee O2 Ring six times. It is surprisingly small and comfortable. $165. I use my ring finger instead of thumb. The bluetooth uploads to a cell phone (must be done first) then to a computer are easy. I save proper type files to my computer for importing to OSCAR, but when I attempt the import, the saved files are not readable by OSCAR. ?

My learning to interpret the reports from the O2 Ring is ongoing. Disturbing looking graphic data reports may be malfunctions of the sensor, as I was told here. I am not sure the misreadings are the nature of oximeters or a lack of accuracy in the Lookee O2 Ring.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using a Wellue O2Ring since December 2019 and the O2Sat readings I was getting hinted at an apnea issue. I took a few of the nightly reading printouts to my PCP and he scheduled a sleep study based on what the O2Ring was recording. Have now been on CPAP since early 2020.
I wear the O2Ring nightly and it's a good check for a comparison to what OSCAR shows (easy to import the data). I wear it on my left hand ring finger (thumb is really tight and not comfortable). In the morning while having coffee, reading emails, and various forums, I open up the O2 Insight Pro app on my PC to take a quick look at previous nights numbers. I also take a quick  look at my Fitbit sleep and heart rate data as well. The O2Ring is left on the PC for the day to charge. I have connected the O2Ring to my cellphone a couple times using the app and it worked well.

I did replace the Wellue O2Ring in August of 2022 as the display on the original one was getting weak and difficult to read. Also its silicone band that goes around the finger had torn slightly and was not hold the ring quite as tight to the finger and I wasn't sure if it was reading correctly because of this. Another problematic issue is the cable that is used to read the data. The USB end that connects to the PC houses some electronics on a PC board. The cable wires that attach to the circuit board are prone to breaking as the cable is flexed and may not read the dat or charge. I have a couple times resoldered the wires to the PC board. New cables have been available on Amazon at a reasonable price (I bought a spare for $10, currently $20).

For those familiar with the O2Ring "O2 score", a month or so ago I had been getting numbers typically in the high 7's low 8's. My AHI numbers were up in the high 1's to 2's (which isn't really bad). I also had been feeling a bit tired/rundown and started taking a daily multi-vitamin supplement. and along the way I had read something about bananas as a sleep aid and started having one as a nightly snack about 1 hour before bed. My O2 Score has now been fairly consistent at 9.6-9.9 and my AHI typically now 0.2-0.9. I have no idea if the multi-vitamin or banana snack is doing something or something else changed, but the change was for the good.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ban...ep-quality
Post Reply Post Reply
@PaulaO2

Please be careful. Nodding off can be a real issue. First thing I look at is "how much sleep am I really getting".

I posted for a while about sleep quality. My concern is that I don't have sleep quality. I even set up a video camera and recorded my sleep. In a night I had maybe 100 events. Frankly I got tired of that! It was almost always arm movement. I couldn't see leg movement. (I've broken my left shoulder; still can't roll over onto my left side. I roll back quickly. However, I was lifting my left arm frequently.) and I have Restless Leg Syndrome. Diagnosed when I was declared to have severe sleep apnea about 35 years ago.

Hope this helps!

A thought. Best made mask I have is F&P Evora Full. Except it leaks really bad with my face. I don't feel claustrophobic and I've been able to wear it all ngiht. AHI was terrible! Set records for leaks! Full face mask.

DaveL
DaveL

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

Post Reply Post Reply
I *think* Fitbit has better sleep studies and may measure O-two on their watches. One I bought I couldn't read at night without wearing glasses. That's when I bought my iWatch6. I like it. Except for price. And I had to buy an app to get good sleep reports. I don't have the skill to sync it with OSCAR.

DaveL
DaveL

Post Reply Post Reply
I upgraded my Apple Watch for that feature. It’s pretty much useless except to do a spot check while you’re awake. It doesn’t measure frequently enough.
*edit* I left out why — I wear it every night, and it thinks my oxygen is fine, managing to miss all the times I’ve dropped well below 90%, because dropping low tends to wake you up so you don’t stay low long enough for the watch to catch it… but an oximeter ring measuring every second instead of every few minutes picks that up easily.

I had both the wellue o2ring ($155 on a prime day lightning deal) and the lookee overnight ring ($128 on prime day). The data looked identical, they use the same software and I think under the covers the same sensor.

The o2 ring’s touchscreen is annoying - I tend to sleep prone with my head on my arms, and every touch would light the ring up, and since they opted for a blue screen instead of a red one, it was more painful to dark adapted eyes. And the battery life was terrible compared to the lookee - needed to be charged every day or two. I thought it was uncomfortable to wear on the correct finger, too, but I have big fingers. It worked ok on my little finger though. My wife thought that the smaller size made it a bit more comfortable but not much.
I lost the o2ring on a recent trip (took it off while I was sleeping and it fell behind the bed or something I guess, I didn’t notice til we were gone and it wasn’t turned into lost and found there.), and when I replaced it, I bought a second lookee instead.

The software on the computer is ugly and clunky, but I rarely look at the reports it generates, I just pull the data into Oscar and it integrates perfectly. (Don’t use the wizard, in the data drop-down there’s a viatom/wellue option that reads the files exported from the ring)

So yeah, stupid name, but it works great.

Suggestion: check alibaba/Aliexpress today (11/11 is a major sale day in China) or check non-specialty online sellers like Amazon/Walmart on 24 November - 27 November (Black Friday/Cyber Monday) and you’ll likely find discounted options for whatever you decide to go with.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi folks!
For some reason, this thread seems to be getting a lot of posts going off on tangents that are not part of the OP's question.  I have split off the most recent posts that do not pertain to the thread's title and have named the new thread, [split] Wellue/Viatom Oximeter Issues & Concerns.

Please stay on this thread's topic or create a new thread.

Thanks

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FYI: A11 has an acoustic diagnostic sensor Gideon 5 2,858 10-15-2023, 03:56 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  SpO2 sensor w/ 1 second resolution? YouTakeMyBreathAway 6 707 01-08-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  Auto CPAP sensor rises to the highest range immediately. How to fix? What's broken? WWu777 16 1,921 12-17-2021, 12:44 PM
Last Post: WWu777
  FAULTY SENSOR ON RESMED S9 VPAP PhilEd 18 2,649 02-27-2021, 07:45 PM
Last Post: PhilEd
  [Pressure] Pressure sensor error code on Resmed teresa6185 4 11,285 04-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Last Post: Danceswithpike
  How to hook CMS50I oximeter's finger-puylse sensor to laptop USB 2SleepBetta 10 2,898 08-02-2017, 12:29 AM
Last Post: aquanaut20
  Is my oximeter's O2 sensor functioning as it should ? djrem3000 0 1,161 06-02-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: djrem3000

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.