Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] anyone make fx last longer (wears out in 1 wk)
RE: anyone make fx last longer (wears out in 1 wk)
Hi bevest1, First of all, Welcome! to the forum. This is my experience so far with pillows. I just recently switched to the "Resmed" Swift™ LT For Her Nasal Pillows CPAP/BiLevel Mask System and I really like it. Sometimes if I get the pillows into my nose off kilter, they are difficult to breathe through, so I just have to re-position them so that I breathe more easily and that works for me. Make sure you are using the right sized pillows, otherwise that can cause you some trouble. I have had this mask about a week and a half. I just soak and wash them in soap and warm water. Of course, if you are unable to resolve the problem you are having with the mask you are using now, you can always switch to a different mask. Good luck to you and hang in there.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2012, 12:32 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: My Breeze pillows last over 3 months. The pair I have now are on month 4. I have another set, just keep forgetting to change them!

So if yours are not lasting that long, either you are washing them too hard or in something corrosive. What do you use to wash your face?

I clean my face with water only...and do not put night cream in the nose area. I soak weekly in mild dish detergent for about one half hour.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2012, 10:59 AM)kitley Wrote: I soak weekly in mild dish detergent for about one half hour.

If I soaked for half an hour in detergent I'd look like a wrinkled old prune. Wait ... I already look like a wrinkled old prune. Never mind. Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2012, 12:32 PM)JJJ Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 10:59 AM)kitley Wrote: I soak weekly in mild dish detergent for about one half hour.

If I soaked for half an hour in detergent I'd look like a wrinkled old prune. Wait ... I already look like a wrinkled old prune. Never mind. Big Grin

Lol..you are a prettty careful reader. I noticed after I posted, but thought it would go unnoticed. So...I soak my mask etc for a half hour..lol
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2012, 02:27 PM)kitley Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 12:32 PM)JJJ Wrote:

Lol..you are a prettty careful reader. I noticed after I posted, but thought it would go unnoticed. So...I soak my mask etc for a half hour..lol

JJJ's been getting some sleep. It's getting harder to slide anything past unnoticed now! Smile
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not sure what to make of my OSCAR data Machinist 3 183 03-10-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Machinist
  Can someone help me make sense of my Therapy Numbers? kc90 6 335 02-21-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: kc90
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,355 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
Exclaimation SSRI's Can Make it Worse.. AlaskanJaeger 3 542 12-17-2023, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredpanda
  Can you make anything of my home test results? vanillagorilla 2 381 12-04-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: vanillagorilla
  Being overweight - make a big difference? p123 6 1,810 11-03-2023, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  [Treatment] Help me make sense of OSCAR data hexecution 4 627 10-11-2023, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.