Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] auto-cpap vs. cpap
Question 
newbie question. now that i know i have an auto-cpap. is it worth a try for 1 week? i average an ahi of 1.2 over 3 months. i wake up most of the time good for about 2 hours, and then downhill from there. i do have allot of rera's, and hypopneas, and i snore allot. just wondering, i don't see the doc. till january.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your AHI is averaging 1.2 then you can't be having too many hypopneas, but the RERAs and snores aren't included in that number. It sounds on the face of it like you could use a little more pressure but it would be good to see some actual data.

I'm a strong advocate of auto-pap, but some people do better with a constant pressure. It can't hurt to give it a try, and I would suggest a range of maybe 8 - 15 which brackets your current pressure with a bit of upside latitude. Try it for a week and see what the charts show. More importantly, see how you feel.
DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone start on CPAP and then add oxygen...? S.L. Ping Beauty 8 78 7 hours ago
Last Post: Walla Walla
  AHi Changes Starting CPAP and Weight Hojo 9 160 9 hours ago
Last Post: tmoody
  [CPAP] Is CPAP harmful if not needed jdez91 5 236 08-17-2017, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP Coming My Way..Need Guidance HalfAsleep 8 125 08-16-2017, 10:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question Help. Old CPAP user coming back, Oxygen needed? mogulman 2 140 08-15-2017, 11:37 PM
Last Post: mogulman
  CPAP vs APAP Phatkid77 6 246 08-15-2017, 10:45 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  New to CPAP Swisssleeper 57 1,327 08-15-2017, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider