Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] auto-cpap vs. cpap
Question 
auto-cpap vs. cpap
newbie question. now that i know i have an auto-cpap. is it worth a try for 1 week? i average an ahi of 1.2 over 3 months. i wake up most of the time good for about 2 hours, and then downhill from there. i do have allot of rera's, and hypopneas, and i snore allot. just wondering, i don't see the doc. till january.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: auto-cpap vs. cpap
If your AHI is averaging 1.2 then you can't be having too many hypopneas, but the RERAs and snores aren't included in that number. It sounds on the face of it like you could use a little more pressure but it would be good to see some actual data.

I'm a strong advocate of auto-pap, but some people do better with a constant pressure. It can't hurt to give it a try, and I would suggest a range of maybe 8 - 15 which brackets your current pressure with a bit of upside latitude. Try it for a week and see what the charts show. More importantly, see how you feel.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 26 492 3 hours ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  hand numbness when using CPAP sleepingbetterinFl 6 140 4 hours ago
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 501 5 hours ago
Last Post: phillyfan24
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 11 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  [CPAP] First Post - Can't stay asleep with CPAP DKane 9 165 Yesterday, 12:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 16 302 Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 93 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.