Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] bipap auto b-flex
bipap auto b-flex
have no idea on what I need to do. Just purchased a Philips respironics nuance pro pillows and have problems with the air pressure. Have changed the Max PS from 2.5 to 3.0 and no min PS 0.0 Max IPAP 8.0 and Min EPAP 5.0. Can someone help me?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: bipap auto b-flex
(09-14-2015, 11:34 AM)deeprather Wrote: have no idea on what I need to do. Just purchased a Philips respironics nuance pro pillows and have problems with the air pressure. Have changed the Max PS from 2.5 to 3.0 and no min PS 0.0 Max IPAP 8.0 and Min EPAP 5.0. Can someone help me?

We don't know what problem you're having with air pressure, and no idea what your previous settings were. Sounds like you may be using a PRS1 60 series Auto BiPAP, or any previous generation of auto bipap back. With the settings you describe above your pressure is fixed at 5.0/5.0 (EPAP/IPAP) unless the auto algorithm kicks up IPAP. Very low pressure settings and no pressure support unless the auto does it for you. Very unusual settings.

What was your previous mask?
What settings did you use with it?
Why did you change?
Have you been using any data to track your therapy?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sorry I'm new at this - my bipap is Respironics bipap auto Bi-flex system one - don't know the model number. I previously used the AirFit 10 which was just the nasal mask. Was told this pillow would be easier fit for my breathing. Have had issues with doctors won't just give you a mask. First doctor could never get in to see. 2nd doctor just wanted my money. He told me I should have been fitted from the beginning with an air pillow type mask. I could never get anyone to help me understand the settings. the Bi-Flex setting is 3 and so is the humidifier. I have no insurance to use to see a doctor the last one advised this was the mask for my situation. yes it has software Sleep Mapper Any help would be appreciated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi deeprather,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not exactly sure what you are asking but hang in there for more assistance.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy and getting it fine tuned to work well for you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
deeprather, just so we can know what machine you are using, check out the bottom of the blower (be sure humidifier container is removed first). There is a REF number. what do you see? We need to know what machine your are using to help you further.

http://www.apneaboard.com/cpap-machine-p...espironics

[Image: PR-model-1.jpg]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
REF DS6HFLG Humidifier

Thank you very much I appreciate any help you can give me
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2015, 07:10 PM)deeprather Wrote: REF DS6HFLG Humidifier
Thank you very much I appreciate any help you can give me

I think you're quoting the humidifier's model number, rather than the base unit's model number. Try checking the other attached device for that model number and report back. You probably have a PR System One Model 760 (same as me).

Like others mentioned, it's important to be very specific to the problem with pressure that you're having when looking for advice from others. There might be some reluctance to give advice if people aren't sure exactly what the specific issue is. Most here won't start giving advice on pressures etc. without hearing the specifics. Hang in there, as I know it can be frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes the base part is 760P
I purchased the Nuance Pro pillow using the small set and feel I am not getting enough air pressure. I slept last night two hours with it on and then felt like I wasn't getting any air so took it off.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-14-2015, 11:34 AM)deeprather Wrote: have no idea on what I need to do. Just purchased a Philips respironics nuance pro pillows and have problems with the air pressure. Have changed the Max PS from 2.5 to 3.0 and no min PS 0.0 Max IPAP 8.0 and Min EPAP 5.0. Can someone help me?

Let's go back to the beginning. I'll assume you have a PRS1 Auto BiPAP HS760P. What problem are you having with the air pressure? Your settings basically start you out at 5.0 cm with no difference between IPAP and EPAP. If you have obstructive sleep apnea, that is not likely to be very helpful, but who would know without some data or information.

Would love to help, but please be more specific with regard to the problem.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(09-15-2015, 08:01 PM)deeprather Wrote: Yes the base part is 760P
I purchased the Nuance Pro pillow using the small set and feel I am not getting enough air pressure. I slept last night two hours with it on and then felt like I wasn't getting any air so took it off.

One of the nice features of the ResMed P10 pillows is that you get all 3 sizes in the starting kit. Could it be that your "not getting enough air" may be having too small pillows?

On the other hand, I'm at pressure 11.5-12.5 on the intake side. Anything below 11 for me just doesn't give me sufficient air (or the feeling of getting enough air). But CPAP is extremely personal to each individual. In the early days, I was messing around with pressures every night looking for a magic number. Then, after reading a message from one of those titans on this board, I realized that changes are to be slow and gradual before being able to fairly analyze the results. Sleepyhead can help with that too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 381 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 597 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,004 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.