Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Compliance Data and S9 Autoset
Compliance Data and S9 Autoset
Compliance Data and S9 Autoset
I often have to get up in the night to bathroom. When i get up in the morning, often daily usage is below 4 hours. So i got problems with compliance. As I asked the supplier, they told me , that one parts of usage must excced 4 hours or it is not counted for compliance, even if its used 2 times 3 hours = 6 hours at night! And i also was told, that in the time of rampup, this time is also not counted. I am a little comfused, can someone tell me whats correct? Thank you so much.
(Sorry for my english, i speek german)
Regards Manfred
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Compliance Data and S9 Autoset
I don’t own the same Cpap so I’m not sure how it records your sessions. But it does not have to be 4 straight hours for compliance. It is the total hours used for the 24 hours (my machine is from 12 noon to 12 noon the next day. 

One thing you could do is to leave the machine on when you need to get up. If it is going to wake up some else in the room put the mask under a pillow and put it back on when you go back to bed.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-17-2021, 01:36 PM)marg0011xx Wrote: I often have to get up in the night to bathroom. When i get up in the morning, often daily usage is below 4 hours.

Check that the time is set correctly on your machine. Daily use is counted from noon until the following noon.

Also, get OSCAR and check the compliance data for yourself on your computer.

Quote:As I asked the supplier, they told me , that one parts of usage must excced 4 hours or it is not counted for compliance, even if its used 2 times 3 hours = 6  hours at night!  

Sounds like the person you talked to is confused. I've never heard such a thing.

Quote:And i also was told, that in the time of rampup, this time is also not counted.

I don't know if it's counted or not. But the ramp is a feature used almost exclusively by beginners. After a few nights of adaptation, most people turn it off.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Most insurance companies require the same compliance criteria as Medicare.

Compliance:
Medicare requires that a patient use CPAP for more than 4 hours per night on 70% of nights (21 nights) during a 30-day consecutive period any time in the first three months of use.

Patient must also have a face to face appointment with their doctor any time after the first 30 days, but before the 90 days expires.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, I will try and look on the data next day.
Regards Manfred Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much, if not said by the suppliers personal, i would not be confused. I also try to install a programm to check and also make notes of times used to compare. Because of the ramptime i will try to get it claered. I thougth that someone here could definitly tell me thats true or not, so test myself. Maybe i didnt understand correctly, so I will see. So if my tests show an effect I will tell you. It may need a little time. Thank you all for your help, regards Manfred Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you also for your reply. As told to other members, it will take time to examine. Thaks a lot, Manfred Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 104 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Airsense 11 Auto and insurance compliance and data reporting to sleep doctor sausagesrolex 1 242 03-01-2024, 11:59 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  Airsense 11 Autoset Oscar Data - How to Review goblue2024 1 422 01-09-2024, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 346 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  How do YOU report Resmed CPAP data for compliance silverchief2 21 1,448 12-17-2023, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 431 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  compliance question singergal67 7 641 06-10-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: singergal67

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.