Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] cpap repair
cpap repair
Hi, I have a puritan Bennett goodknight 425. Having problems. Someone sent me the silverlining software and I found my pc cable to connect it to my computer. It displays ER 1 when I turn it on. Manual says reconfigure with silverlining software but I get a little window that pops up and says"CHECKSUM_REGLAGES". I think "REGLAGES" is a french word and google translator says it means adjustment. There isn't any info about that in silverlining manual.
Anyone know anything about this?
thanks, Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: cpap repair
Welcome to the Forum!!! We are glad you joined us!!! Thanks

As to the issue you are having with your CPAP, how long have you had it? If you are still renting it, you should be able to contact your DME to have them repair/replace it. Dont-know
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2012, 08:10 PM)scm37 Wrote: Hi, I have a puritan Bennett goodknight 425. Having problems. Someone sent me the silverlining software and I found my pc cable to connect it to my computer. It displays ER 1 when I turn it on. Manual says reconfigure with silverlining software but I get a little window that pops up and says"CHECKSUM_REGLAGES". I think "REGLAGES" is a french word and google translator says it means adjustment. There isn't any info about that in silverlining manual.
Anyone know anything about this?
thanks, Steve

Welcome

Unfortunately not everything translates directly. I believe in this case it is probably saying "checksum error". I'm trying to put this in layman's terms so please be patient if this does not make sense. When you have data on a device, the device does not automatically trust that the data is correct. It does a little check to try and determine if the data is valid or not. It does a calculation on the data and compares it to the same data in another place, say on another computer, or to previous data on the same computer or to a given number if the data never changes and by comparing these numbers it assigns a value to the comparison that determines whether or not the data is most likely valid.
Typically a checksum error can occur if you have a problem with your memory. Say a bad spot that some of the data was written to and can no longer be accessed. It can occur (on a computer) if the on-board battery is not functioning and settings have been lost.
Most likely on a CPAP machine I would say that the internal memory has gone south and it probably needs to go in for repair. Since you say you plug it into your computer, as opposed to having a card you take out I would guess it is the internal memory. You would be best off calling your DME and asking their advice on this one. It may very well be considered a fatal error for the machine.
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi scm37, first of all, Welcome! to the forum. Unfortunately though, I don't know the answer to the problem you are having, just keep checking back, I'm sure there will be others who can help you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glad to Have a Back-up, RM 11 Sent Back for Repair somewherein413 4 151 04-04-2024, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Equipment] resmed apap repair sleeper2460 4 540 11-24-2023, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Nightynite
Money [CPAP] Repair Z1 or purchase Pilot-24 Lite Battery CJH1968 3 631 08-13-2023, 08:10 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Internal cpap repair parts mzipp 8 5,652 08-10-2023, 05:29 PM
Last Post: sms832
  Resmed BiPAP repair company in U.S? 17WRX 3 738 05-13-2023, 04:57 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Equipment] Airfit P10 Repair JJJ 3 1,321 10-28-2022, 03:35 PM
Last Post: JungleJim
  Do it yourself REPAIR forum AC Hunter 1 935 09-14-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: snorin2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.