Louise Offline

Members

Machine: PR REMaster Pro C-Flex+ System One
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: PR SystemOne
CPAP Pressure: 10
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Initial AHI at sleep study: 35. CPAP started 1 aug 2013. after 1st 2 weeks ahi ave 11

Sex: Female
equipment malfunction?
two nights in a row I have woken up very early in the morning with lowered airflow. I know because 1) I feel like I can't breathe right and 2)when the airflow is right and I open my mouth inside the full face mask, it usually puffs out my cheeks like a chipmunk. During these periods, that doesn't happen when I open my mouth.

I've tried turning the machine off and back on again; even tried unplugging and plugging back in. No change in the feeling that airflow isn't working. I've cleaned/checked the filter. I raised the machine off the carpet. I;ve looked at my sleephead graphs and see no sign of a significant change in airflow or leak just before I take off the mask.

So what am I missing? The machine works again correctly 12 hours later when I go back to bed . . . .

any ideas are welcome.

thanks you all. this is a great forum. and sleepyhead ROCKS!
08-18-2013 06:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Tez62 Offline

Monitors

Machine: Resmed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: 5-15
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Male

RE: equipment malfunction?
(08-18-2013 06:49 PM)Louise Wrote:  two nights in a row I have woken up very early in the morning with lowered airflow. I know because 1) I feel like I can't breathe right and 2)when the airflow is right and I open my mouth inside the full face mask, it usually puffs out my cheeks like a chipmunk. During these periods, that doesn't happen when I open my mouth.

I've tried turning the machine off and back on again; even tried unplugging and plugging back in. No change in the feeling that airflow isn't working. I've cleaned/checked the filter. I raised the machine off the carpet. I;ve looked at my sleephead graphs and see no sign of a significant change in airflow or leak just before I take off the mask.

So what am I missing? The machine works again correctly 12 hours later when I go back to bed . . . .

any ideas are welcome.

thanks you all. this is a great forum. and sleepyhead ROCKS!

Louise, welcome, it would be good if we can see your graphs, I know what you mean about the 'chipmunk cheeks, just wondering if you are getting used to the pressures as you do you don't get those chipmunk cheeks as much. The other thing could be leaks, if you can let us know the numbers on you graphs for leaks if they are high the air could be going out between your mask and your face rather than keeping your throat open. In you profile, you saying your AHI is still 11 which is better than you sleep study but still way too high. Have a look and see if you AHI goes up when you get leaks. You really need to work on one thing at a time, get that right and move on to the next. In the end you will get there for some it does take time, just stick with it.
08-18-2013 07:11 PM
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

Sex: Male

RE: equipment malfunction?
From profile - Other Comments: Initial AHI at sleep study: 35. CPAP started 1 aug 2013. after 1st 2 weeks ahi ave 11

You might want to followup with your sleep physician, AHI 11 might indicate the therapy is not optimal yet
08-18-2013 09:11 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [News] ASAA received large supply of donated equipment big_dave 0 114 11-28-2016 11:34 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  How to disinfect used equipment Lanco 21 694 11-18-2016 10:10 AM
Last Post: Spy Car
  [Equipment] New vs. Used Equipment T.Hud 10 514 10-15-2016 02:20 PM
Last Post: T.Hud
  New CPAP patient equipment expectations Grayhair 7 391 09-08-2016 07:10 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  CPAP Buy out from equipment supplier help khafer 11 559 09-03-2016 01:38 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  CPAP Malfunction? trevo745 13 578 08-05-2016 11:43 PM
Last Post: player
  Best place to buy equipment nzbnate 4 374 07-15-2016 12:02 PM