Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] finally got someone to listen at lincare
finally got someone to listen at lincare
I just heard from lincare and they finally got the info and sent to the  respiratory department which should have been sent way back in August.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: finally got someone to listen at lincare
Not knowing the whole situation, you might have learned a bit from the wiki about dealing with DME's. My suggestion was quoted there. It involves calling every day if needed until some DME joker decides to take action.

The point I'm trying to make is don't let the DME's go to sleep on you. If they're supposed to be ordering a machine, call them for info, on delivery ETA, etc.

Myself, I called the 3 amigos constantly until my ASV was delivered. These 3 amigos are doctor, DME, insurance. Each have actions necessary to get you a PAP. Doc has to order, the write-up needs to be in approved phrases, DME needs to process the order request for insurance approval, order the right machine, deliver timely, insurance needs a pre-authorization to be done, had to receive and process the PAP script, the medical records for necessity which includes doc's write-up.

Lesson is don't let these 3 amigos sit on your order. CALL CALL CALL.

PS the DME has heard from me so much, the whole Lincare office I use knows who I am. The RT told the whole office I know exactly how to handle my own therapy much better than Dr. Quack
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: finally got someone to listen at lincare
Update insurance approved the replacement as soon as the local office gets a shipment I should have my replacement
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally had a PSG instead of a PG and the result shocked me mugen4u 47 3,027 03-25-2024, 08:00 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Took 6 months but finally got 100 on myAir app. Any way to improve my treatment? 1978 0 457 08-22-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: 1978
  Finally found through DISE why cpap/bipap/ASV was never going to work for me. logart89 9 1,371 08-01-2023, 09:36 AM
Last Post: logart89
  Finally a decent nights rest but swallowing air sfgiants123 2 527 05-13-2023, 10:26 AM
Last Post: sfgiants123
  QAL finally got an AirSense 10, completely new but smells like bubblegum. quiescence at last 0 440 04-23-2023, 06:42 PM
Last Post: quiescence at last
  Finally getting used to CPAP but still waking up alot Tcp84 3 667 03-17-2023, 06:38 PM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Finally got my replacement cpap, what do I need to know ruthcatrin 2 590 02-02-2023, 06:13 PM
Last Post: ruthcatrin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.