Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] heated hose disconnects
heated hose disconnects
I have been using a heated hose for a week or so. Most nights, it disconnects from my mask, which wakes me up and annoys me. Is this a known/common problem with my machine? Does the heated hose connection work better with the Resmed machines? My DME has resisted giving me a Resmed machine, but if I my machine has a known hose connection problem, then maybe I can get them to replace it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: heated hose disconnects
(11-10-2012, 07:17 PM)1440 minutes Wrote: I have been using a heated hose for a week or so. Most nights, it disconnects from my mask, which wakes me up and annoys me.
Check the grey piece which connect to the swivel elbow is not missing
[Image: full-face-mask-comfortgel.jpg]

its shown here in this video (after 50 sec) how to release the grey piece from the mask
http://vimeo.com/20630636

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 08:12 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 07:17 PM)1440 minutes Wrote: I have been using a heated hose for a week or so. Most nights, it disconnects from my mask, which wakes me up and annoys me.
Check the grey piece which connect to the swivel elbow is not missing

Thanks. I see that the DME did not give me the grey piece. I will contact DME.

By the way, I see that the DME gave me the wrong name for the mask. I see that the mask is actually Mirage Quatro. How do I edit my profile on this forum?

Post Reply Post Reply
Edit profile How To:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...13#pid4713
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 09:30 PM)1440 minutes Wrote: Thanks. I see that the DME did not give me the grey piece. I will contact DME.

If you have any other hoses, check to see that the little grey piece isn't stuck on then end of one of the hoses. Quite a few people have lost that piece that way.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same problem with my Resmed Climateline. I have the swivel valve. On the regular hose, it takes effort to remove it. With the climateline, it's falls off with just me putting the mask on.

I need supplies anyway. When I call, I'll ask them if there's another adapter or something.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 09:54 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I have the same problem with my Resmed Climateline. I have the swivel valve. On the regular hose, it takes effort to remove it. With the climateline, it's falls off with just me putting the mask on.

I need supplies anyway. When I call, I'll ask them if there's another adapter or something.

Any hose should fit any mask. Look at the pictures on Supplier#1's site and see if you're missing the little plastic piece shown on the end of the tube for the Breeze mask.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 09:54 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: With the climateline, it's falls off with just me putting the mask on.
How old is the climateline?
My old climateline doesn't fall off but it can disconnect quite easy from the mask ... getting old and worn out just like me Too-funny
unlike the new hose which is tight fit and take a bit of muscle to remove
Maybe I should learn to remove the hose from swivel and keep the little grey piece connected to hose

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, that clearish thing on the end is the swivel.

It did the same thing when it was new. Annoying but I don't move that much when I sleep.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-10-2012, 09:51 PM)archangle Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 09:30 PM)1440 minutes Wrote: Thanks. I see that the DME did not give me the grey piece. I will contact DME.

If you have any other hoses, check to see that the little grey piece isn't stuck on then end of one of the hoses. Quite a few people have lost that piece that way.

The grey piece was on the end of my unheated hose. I thought that was part of that hose. Last night my heated hose stayed on all night. Thank you. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,606 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 173 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
Question Hose volume Willw 4 271 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,000 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 646 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 254 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 390 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.