Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] hello new here
Wink 
hello new here
I use a resmed not sure off hand of model. Got it in 2007 ish. it took a power surge, co pay cost more than buying one used on CL. so I ordered a resmed 8 2010 model. My setting is 9 and found this board to change it from a 6 with ramp of 20 to a 9, ramp not so important to me. Anyway, is there software to DL to MY computer to read & understand what dr reads off my card when I take it in to her? The first sleep apnea dr always fussed about leakage on a mask and had it so tight I hated it it, new dr didn't seem so worried bout leaks, we tried different masks til I settled on Tap mask(that I had to buy from cpap usa) but like it as I no longer grind my teeth at nite too! So after all that is there a way to DL my own info & read it, or understand it?
thanks
Sue
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: hello new here
First, please look at the start button and tell us what it says so we know exactly what machine you have. Secondly, leaks that are consistently over 24 are to be considered problematic and can affect your therapy.

You said the copay is more than buying a used machine. What is your copay? The machine you mention, the S8, has been discontinued for around 4 years, maybe more.

Get back with us to confirm what machine you have so we can help you more.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2014, 09:09 PM)me50 Wrote: First, please look at the start button and tell us what it says so we know exactly what machine you have. Secondly, leaks that are consistently over 24 are to be considered problematic and can affect your therapy.

You said the copay is more than buying a used machine. What is your copay? The machine you mention, the S8, has been discontinued for around 4 years, maybe more.

both mine now that took a power surge, and not working, and one I ordered is an s8. I had paid almost 400.00 thru medicare to dasco, for a 4 mo period(end of last year when deductible was met) so I sent it back.....this one I just ordered has a date stamp mfg 2010 an s8 escape 2. Downloads for it?
sue
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2014, 11:10 PM)loslocos Wrote: .....this one I just ordered has a date stamp mfg 2010 an s8 escape 2. Downloads for it?
sue
You can get the clinical manual for the machine via email, the link is at the top of the page

Unfortunately the S8 Escape does not report any useful data, just hours using the machine
No point pursing the data card or the special card reader for this machine, you better off talking to your supplier if you can traded it with data capable machine even if you have to loose few dollars in the transaction

Here are Archangle machines choices, he knows what he is talking about
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_choices

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2014, 11:10 PM)loslocos Wrote: . . .
both mine now that took a power surge, and not working, and one I ordered is an s8. I had paid almost 400.00 thru medicare to dasco, for a 4 mo period(end of last year when deductible was met) so I sent it back.....this one I just ordered has a date stamp mfg 2010 an s8 escape 2. Downloads for it?
sue

Hi loslocos,
Unfortunately, the S8 series of ResMed machines is a full generation out of date. Not only that, but it is my understanding that the S8 series machines that provide treatment data (not just Compliance data) write the data to a special memory card, and the reader for such cards is hard to find and can be expensive (over $50???). Also, the S9 series added the ability for the machine to distinguish between "Obstructive" events and "Clear Airway" events, so the S9 series deliver better therapy.

One member has posted a guide to the machines, so as to avoid machines that don't have full data reporting.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

I checked, and this guide does not include the S8 series machines. But if ResMed used a similar naming scheme for the S8 series, your S8 Escape probably does not provide full treatment data anyway.

The software most popular here for viewing treatment data is SleepyHead, which I believe only supports the S9 series machines. ResScan is available thru this forum, and may support the S8's, but you still have the special data card issue.

My Recommendation:
Search CraigsList or use one of the suppliers from the Suppliers List, and acquire a S9 Autoset for a good price, then retire the S8 to backup duty.

Good Luck.

A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi loslocos,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
What zonk said.
Hang in there for more suggestions and best of luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2014, 11:23 PM)zonk Wrote: Unfortunately the S8 Escape does not report any useful data, just hours using the machine
No point pursing the data card or the special card reader for this machine, you better off talking to your supplier if you can traded it with data capable machine even if you have to loose few dollars in the transaction

Hi loslocos, welcome to the forum!

Zonk is right.

So sorry you were sold a brick (not data capable) machine. Do not give up.

Work toward getting a fully data capable machine, one of the ones recommended by Archangle.

An APAP (automatically adjusting) machine would give you more data. These can be set in Auto mode for self titration. These can also be put in to straight fixed-pressure mode (CPAP mode) any time, if desired. Two machines in one.

I suggest checking prices from Supplier #2. (A link to our Supplier List is at top of al forum pages.)

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2014, 11:10 PM)loslocos Wrote:
(10-26-2014, 09:09 PM)me50 Wrote: First, please look at the start button and tell us what it says so we know exactly what machine you have. Secondly, leaks that are consistently over 24 are to be considered problematic and can affect your therapy.

sue

$400 approx. for a 4 month period is something I would be checking on. For in network you should only pay 20% of the allowable amount. My copay for 13 months is barely over $200 so something doesn't seem right
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone, I am new here.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2014, 11:39 PM)pairce1079 Wrote: Hello everyone, I am new here.

Hi pairce1079, welcome to the forum!

You might want to start a new thread to tell fellow members how things are going for you.

From your profile it looks like you have not started CPAP therapy.

If you (or a loved one) will be getting set up for CPAP soon, be sure to consider the following recommendations concerning machine choices:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.