Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] how can I tell if I got an elite or a auto set?
how can I tell if I got an elite or a auto set?
I just got my CPAP today from the DME provider and it was quite a struggle to get that versus an F&P brick. I had to be really assertive. Because of that, I dont trust them and, although I got an S9, I cant tell by the paperwork or by looking at the machine if its an autoset or an escape. Is there some way to tell? Thanks in advance for any help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: how can I tell if I got an elite or a auto set?
The AutoSet will say "AutoSet" on the front, right on top of the on/off button.

EDIT: sorry, it's actually a start/stop button, not on/off. I did a quick Google image search and it looks like the Escape will say "Escape" there instead. Ditto the "Elite." So you should be able to quickly identify any of them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sadly, assuming it is not an AutoSet, perhaps a better question would be how to tell whether it is an Escape or Elite?
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2013, 05:34 PM)RonWessels Wrote: Sadly, assuming it is not an AutoSet, perhaps a better question would be how to tell whether it is an Escape or Elite?

I goofed. It was right in front of me. Its an Auto set. (One reason I need CPAP-cant concentrate and cant stay awakeShy)
Post Reply Post Reply
Model name (AutoSet, Elite, Escape Auto, Escape) next to stop/start button
Here an "AutoSet" model shown
[Image: img_usage.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2013, 05:39 PM)oak Wrote: Its an Auto set.

Good for you. That is one of the best machines that you can get.

Now comes the hard part. Only if you are extremely lucky will you be satisfied with the mask you've got now (regardless of what it is). You should expect to try several masks before you settle on the best fit for you. And, while you can get guidance from other people's reviews, at the end of the day a mask choice is an extremely personal selection. Even getting the right strap adjustment on your perfect mask can take significant trial and error.

Familiarize yourself with the machine. You will want to eventually be able to control it in a semi-asleep state. Same thing with mask adjustments. Don't wait until bedtime to put on your mask. Try it now. If possible, connect up your machine and turn it on while you watch TV. Get used to it. Falling asleep is going to be hard enough for the first while.

Ask questions. Make sure you understand what is happening with the machine and with your treatment. You are not alone.

Again, unless you are extremely lucky, you will have setbacks. You will have disappointments. But keep persevering. It does get better. Little by little.

Read the various threads here of other people's experience to see what might be in store for you.

Above all: Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2013, 06:03 PM)RonWessels Wrote:
(07-09-2013, 05:39 PM)oak Wrote: Its an Auto set.

Good for you. That is one of the best machines that you can get.

Now comes the hard part. Only if you are extremely lucky will you be satisfied with the mask you've got now (regardless of what it is). You should expect to try several masks before you settle on the best fit for you. And, while you can get guidance from other people's reviews, at the end of the day a mask choice is an extremely personal selection. Even getting the right strap adjustment on your perfect mask can take significant trial and error.

Familiarize yourself with the machine. You will want to eventually be able to control it in a semi-asleep state. Same thing with mask adjustments. Don't wait until bedtime to put on your mask. Try it now. If possible, connect up your machine and turn it on while you watch TV. Get used to it. Falling asleep is going to be hard enough for the first while.

Ask questions. Make sure you understand what is happening with the machine and with your treatment. You are not alone.

Again, unless you are extremely lucky, you will have setbacks. You will have disappointments. But keep persevering. It does get better. Little by little.

Read the various threads here of other people's experience to see what might be in store for you.

Above all: Sleep-well

Thanks to everyone. I have learned alot already from this board and another forum. I am so glad you are here! Helps alot to know someone is there who has been through it.Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
I switched from a F&P ICON to the ResMed S9 Autoset after the first three weeks and I'm also glad I pushed the issue with my doctor. I'm sure the ICON is a fine machine but the S9 just seems a better fit plus a lot more fols have them so the knowledge base is much larger.
"Sometimes the magic works . . . and sometimes it doesn't" -- Chief Dan George in the movie Little Big Man
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Not using water in AirSense 10 Elite Nishimark 2 95 03-21-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Nishimark
  [CPAP] Res Med S9 Elite bikerfriend 3 100 03-14-2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 230 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite stuck "erasing all data", bricked User3001 0 271 11-17-2023, 12:03 PM
Last Post: User3001
Question How do I enable autoset on a ReMed Airsense 10 elite krschultz 3 581 09-25-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.