Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] low heart rate
low heart rate
This is my first time on the forum. I have been using cpap for 7 years. Currently using FFM, however, due to neck strap problems switched to Dreamwear. Stopped using Dreamwear because of mouth breathing had to tape mouth. Now I am having very low heart rate which seems to correlate to my use of cpap. Has anyone had a similar HR problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: low heart rate
A higher heart rate is fairly common for people with significant apnea at night. Many people see heart rate slowing to normal levels when they get effective treatment on CPAP and stop having the desaturation and adrenaline that comes from the apnea. So the real question is, how slow is a "low heart rate", and how are you monitoring it?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I should have included more info. I have a wrist BP monitor that shows HR. I have had HR of 33, 34 41 etc. I had an inhouse monitor (no cpap) for 56 hours and was told there was no low HR. Then a 24 hour Holter. Then started with cpap again. I suspect weak extra beats that monitor is not picking up, however, when not using my cpap I have no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi BrownFox292,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your question and good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
The wrist monitor is probably the reason your are seeing the low HR and you've guessed correctly that the wrist monitor is not picking up all the beats. While a radial artery heart beat can be very easy to read manually, using your finger, all you have to do is c**k your wrist and that artery is no longer in contact with whatever device is monitoring your heart rate. An SPO2 device which attaches to your index finger will give you a far more accurate reading of your HR
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 134 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.