My wife has had unsuccessful in adjusting to the two masks which the supplier has suggested. CPAP is being used to improve blood oxygenation and the prescribed air pressure is very low (5.0). Problems are:
- she hated the nasal pillow (ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillow Mask for Her)
- she is not adjusting to Mirage FX Nasal Mask, based on a short trial period
- suffocation sensation
- nasal congestion (a pre-existing problem)
- uncomfortable pressure around the nose
- she has low tolerance and willingness to persist, notwithstanding a strong medical need
- need to wear reading glasses while wearing the mask, preferably on top of the mask
- due to her interrupted sleep pattern, she needs to be able to put on the mask while watching TV in bed in the evening and leave it on til morning, notwithstanding waking up several times during the night to read or watch TV. Her attempts with the two masks mentioned above has worsened her sleep pattern.
I have identified SleepWeaver as a possibility.
She is using a ResMed S9 machine.