Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] mask defect?
RE: mask defect?
You have 8 posts. You should be able to.

If sleep apnea related, do an attachment
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ttachments

If non-sleep apnea related, do an image link
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-an-Image
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-02-2014, 08:15 AM)Bama Rambler Wrote: I'd really like to see a picture of the joint you're talking about. It really sounds like a mfg.'s defect. The DW and I both have Simplus' and neither have had that problem.
I also use the Simplus without leak issues and am curious about what you mean by "elbow." Could it be that you have the straps a little tighter than needed? I find that that the mask "floats" on my face when the straps are a little loose and the inflated cushions make a good seal.

Post Reply Post Reply
I think what night ranger is talking about is the elbow going into the mask. I think these elbows are cast as one piece but it may be that the die did not quite fill all the way leaving a linear opening similar to a very smooth crack. If that is what it is, it is definitely a manufacturing defect and someone should replace it (I guess that would be the DME). If the DME won't do anything, I would definitely go directly to the manufacturer.
Of course, if it is just a part that missed getting glued properly, it is still definitely a manufacturing defect.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Here's the pic of it that Ranger PM'd me.
Post Reply Post Reply
YES Paytona its as if yhe machine that seals the connections skipped that joint or ran out of glue its not visible unless you put pressure on the elbow, the duck tape is holding for now i guess ill just wait a month for a new mask too time consuming to persue further and costly, id have to leave work early to get it to dme,oh well, at least theres duck tape
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 12:46 PM)nite ranger Wrote: YES Paytona its as if yhe machine that seals the connections skipped that joint or ran out of glue its not visible unless you put pressure on the elbow, the duck tape is holding for now i guess ill just wait a month for a new mask too time consuming to persue further and costly, id have to leave work early to get it to dme,oh well, at least theres duck tape

I was actually kidding about using Duct Tape. But, if it's working --OK.

What I find disturbing is PaytonA colorful language:
"...a linear opening similar to a very smooth crack."
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,623 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Equipment] Respironics - a newly reported defect Dr.Bob 7 1,256 12-04-2022, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,281 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,856 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,109 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,443 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,876 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.