Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] mask wipes
RE: mask wipes
Hi crazychef,
Unscented non-alcohol babywipes shouldn't hurt your mask if you think your mask needs a little extra cleaning between major cleanings.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I wash my Pilairo pillow every morning by washing it in luke warm water with ordinary yellow Sunlight soap - then rinse it and flick the excess water off. I leave it to air dry.

I think Sunlight Soap is an Australian brand. It is a hard yellow soap that has no detectable perfume and smells a bit like soap Smile. It used to be used as a laundry soap in the day when people washed things by hand.
Post Reply Post Reply
Being new to CPAP and all, I've been watching this thread with interest. I use a dishwashing soap for daily washing, but since I travel for work I was wondering what to do while on the road. Sounds like the CPAP wipes may be just the thing for my occassional business trips.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
If you fly for your trips, then you may want to get individually wrapped non-alcohol baby wipes instead. The bottle/can of the CPAP wipes is fairly large and pops open too easily (from my experience).
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2013, 12:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you fly for your trips, then you may want to get individually wrapped non-alcohol baby wipes instead. The bottle/can of the CPAP wipes is fairly large and pops open too easily (from my experience).

Somewhere, I thought I saw some in a smaller "travel pack." Of course I will have to do a new search now to find those to check the price and see if they are individually wrapped. I like the idea of individual wraps.

....I've got a lot to learn.

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Johnson's Hand and face wipes (alcohol free) Work fine.
Only problem is they smell like baby powder.
Tongue
If you dont mind baby powder smell, go for it. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-29-2013, 10:34 PM)Shastzi Wrote: If you dont mind baby powder smell, go for it. Smile

I will have to think about that one... Thinking-about I did find and ordered a pack of the travel wipes to try and so I would be ready in case I have to pack up and head to the airport before deciding on a long term solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried everything thinking that CPAP wipes werent the way to go..but I found that the unscented ones by A World of Wipes are great. Reasonably priced, made of natural ingredients plus the unscented smell and convenience of just throwing them directly to the trash when i'm done is great.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are some wipes around that are plastic friendly and they clean & *disinfect*.
The main ingredient is thyme oil.
They seem to work really well and are only a few bucks for a large can of 75.

I use them like gun patches to swab out the inside of the hoses and wipe off the mask interior.

Only down side is that your mask will smell like thyme oil for a while after using these. (smells something like cloves)
Let everything air out all day and the smell wears off or you can wipe over just before use with citrus to kill the scent.

Smile

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a different way of wiping down my mask. I use Peroxide and cotton rounds (found with the cosmetics). It's cheap and the bottle lasts a long, long time. The Peroxide disinfects and evaporates quickly. There is no smell. I don't take the peroxide with me on trips but it works fine for home.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which CPAP Wipes Effectively Eliminate Bacteria and Germs? dharma2255 4 156 10 hours ago
Last Post: dharma2255
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,630 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,308 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,872 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Best wipes for cleaning and disinfecting 1kworthy 15 2,270 12-19-2021, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Big Guy
  Questions Therapy Thread/Mask Leaks/Wipes newguy99 3 757 05-10-2021, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Are Wipes Containing cetylpyridinium chloride OK to Use? anderson5420 9 1,122 05-08-2021, 03:35 AM
Last Post: newguy99

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.