Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] myAIR issues
myAIR issues
Troubleshooting your myAir data connection for the ResMed AirSense machines ...

If it appears that data is not showing up in myAir 24-48 hours after your sleep session, consider the following steps:

(1) Make sure the 11-digit machine serial number (s/n) and the 3-digit data device number (d/n) are entered correctly in myAir and match the numbers on the nameplate at the back of the machine.

(2) Make sure the device remains powered-up for transmitting data after your sleep session.

(3) Make sure the device is not set in "airplane" mode which kills the connectivity.

(4) Make sure you have connectivity by looking at the number of bars on the front panel of the machine.

(5) Now here is the most important step that I learned after hours spent with RESMED support, my DME Compliance Department, and swapping out the original machine
If your data does not appear in myAir or the DME's AirView -- MAKE SURE YOUR DATE AND TIME ARE SET PROPERLY.

My machine's date was set one month prior to actual delivery and any of the compliance data for the first 8 nights was discarded by the system as it was older than the myAir start date. I have no clue to how they will resolve the data date discrepancy for billing or compliance, but I kept the original SD data card to document usage.

IF YOU ARE STILL OPERATING WITHIN THE INSURANCE COMPLIANCE PERIOD, MAKE SURE YOU CONTACT BOTH YOUR DME PROVIDER AND RESMED SUPPORT.

Both RESMED and the DME people were helpful, but I was the one that found the issue and resolved the problem -- unfortunately after the time, effort, and trouble of replacing the first issued machine.

If there is anything I dislike about the AirSense, it is a lack of a swivel air outlet on the back (unless you use ClimateLine), the auto-diming front panel light feature (should be selectable), and the lack of a date and time display on the unit to serve as a clock.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: myAIR issues
If there is anything I dislike about the AirSense, .... and the lack of a date and time display on the unit to serve as a clock.

If they displayed the time, they might feel obliged to make sure it was accurate... mine drifts horribly.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi srlevine1,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
hang in there for more responses to your post and I wish you much success with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If you changed CPAP devices, make sure that you update the info in your My Air Acct to reflect the new numbers for the new device.

I agree on both the front panel and the missing clock display. I would prefer a dimmer rather than a shutoff on the display. Thinking-about
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. --Confucius
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-01-2016, 08:47 PM)srlevine1 Wrote: Troubleshooting your myAir data connection for the ResMed AirSense machines ...

(4) Make sure you have connectivity by looking at the number of bars on the front panel of the machine.

I thought it might be helpful to explain that you can also check signal strength from the front panel of you AirSense Autoset or other machine by looking at the "About" setting that contains an entry "Signal" as the last entry followed by a negative number measured in dBm.

The RSSI - Received Signal Strength Indicator (3G, CDMA/UMTS/EV-DO) can be used to determine your connectivity.

Excellent > -70 dBm
Good -70 dBm to -85 dBm
Fair -86 dBm to -100 dBm
Poor < -100 dBm
No Useful Signal -110 dbm

For the techies ... dBm is an abbreviation for the power ratio in decibels (dB) of the measured power referenced to one milliwatt (mW).

Thanks to all who have commented.

About the clock drift issue, it is the result of counting fractional seconds using electronic oscillations which are subject to environmental factors such as voltage, temperature, etc. -- and pretty much why all computer systems sync to an external time reference from time-to-time to maintain an accurate time. Also the changing of daylight savings time in parts of the world are also problematical.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 211 3 hours ago
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 54 Yesterday, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 87 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 110 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 157 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 217 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 253 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.