Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] myair no longer working
Angry 
myair no longer working
Hi Everyone

I Live in Toronto and Bell Canada has shut down their cdma network effectively April 30, 2019. Now the online myair no longer works. Resmed has basically told me i'm on my own. Not cool. I'm wondering who else has been affected by this.

Frustrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: myair no longer working
Great news! now you can get OSCAR from the download section. My air was was and is pretty useless.
Post Reply Post Reply
what is oscar?

is oscar a software like sleepyhead that pulls the data off my card? I'm not really interested in that. I liked being able to login and see my sleep results at a glance without needing to pull the sd card all the time.
Post Reply Post Reply
As noted, with OSCAR you can monitor your progress. OSCAR is easy to install, setup, and gives you so much information, for the untrained (like me), is really quite overwhelming.

You will also have to take your SD card to your sleep doctor also so they can get the updated results for your appointments.

I was not impressed with myAir. My wife has a Phillips and DreamMapper gives more information. I was hoping for at least the same as DreamMapper with myAir.
Post Reply Post Reply
idk about the s9 but everything on myair except mask off is visible on my s10 screen if I set it to 1 day reporting instead of the default 30 days. minus the ratings and canned 'inspirational' feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 12:12 PM)theoak Wrote: As noted, with OSCAR you can monitor your progress.  OSCAR is easy to install, setup, and gives you so much information, for the untrained (like me), is really quite overwhelming.

You will also have to take your SD card to your sleep doctor also so they can get the updated results for your appointments.

I was not impressed with myAir.  My wife has a Phillips and DreamMapper gives more information.  I was hoping for at least the same as DreamMapper with myAir.

to use oscar, do you need to take the card out of the machine and put it in a reader to pull the data?
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 11:13 AM)crzynoof Wrote: Hi Everyone

... Bell Canada has shut down their cdma network effectively April 30, 2019. Now the online myair no longer works. Resmed has basically told me i'm on my own. Not cool. I'm wondering who else has been affected by this...

I don't understand what the bold type means.  If you have internet, and your posting here indicates that you do, MyAir is accessible.  Are you using a phone or other device that does not have internet access/LTE/4G?
Post Reply Post Reply
without the cell connection resmed and myair won't receive the data from the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 12:28 PM)crzynoof Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:12 PM)theoak Wrote: As noted, with OSCAR you can monitor your progress.  OSCAR is easy to install, setup, and gives you so much information, for the untrained (like me), is really quite overwhelming.

I was not impressed with myAir.  My wife has a Phillips and DreamMapper gives more information.  I was hoping for at least the same as DreamMapper with myAir.

to use oscar, do you need to take the card out of the machine and put it in a reader to pull the data?

Yes you need an SD card in the machine, an SD card and a computer (Mac PC some Linux) with a SD Card reader, if you have a computer with no SD card reader a cheap external USB to SD reader will work fine
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-16-2019, 12:33 PM)mesenteria Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 11:13 AM)crzynoof Wrote: Hi Everyone

... Bell Canada has shut down their cdma network effectively April 30, 2019. Now the online myair no longer works. Resmed has basically told me i'm on my own. Not cool. I'm wondering who else has been affected by this...

I don't understand what the bold type means.  If you have internet, and your posting here indicates that you do, MyAir is accessible.  Are you using a phone or other device that does not have internet access/LTE/4G?

The cdma network is the mobile network that my CPAP uses to transmit the data to myair. It was operated by one of the local cellular carriers here, Bell Canada. They've shut that network down, effective April 30 so my CPAP has not transmitted any data to myair since that day. Not sure if that clarifies things or not. In other parts of the world, LTE/4G may be the network of choice for CPAP/Myair data, but not here in Toronto.

(05-16-2019, 12:48 PM)jaswilliams Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 12:28 PM)crzynoof Wrote:

Yes you need an SD card in the machine, an SD card and a computer (Mac PC some Linux) with a SD Card reader, if you have a computer with no SD card reader a cheap external USB to SD reader will work fine

It's a pain in the ass to take the card out of the CPAP and put it in my laptop and pull the data. Myair was so much easier. Just login to the website and it's all there at a glance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Machine and settings not working snapperzz 3 94 03-26-2024, 02:10 AM
Last Post: snapperzz
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 177 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
Question SD Formatting and OSCAR not working smallhandsfeeding 2 199 02-02-2024, 03:24 PM
Last Post: smallhandsfeeding
  [Equipment] 12 months of therapy. Tried several masks/nothing working Tiredkiwi 5 492 12-30-2023, 11:15 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  [Treatment] new to this - is it working? human 7 572 11-04-2023, 11:45 AM
Last Post: human
  Dreamstation 1 APAP Function Not Working? gary w 4 529 10-12-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: gary w

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.