Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] nasal pillows [whistle]
nasal pillows [whistle]
I just switched to nasal pillow and when I exhale, there is like a "whistling" noise.  Dont-know  Any suggestions?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: nasal pillows
A lot of times whistling comes from moisture in the mask vents. You might want to try turning down your humidifier or increasing hose temperature if you have a heated hose.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
You might also check the tightness of the head straps.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any recommendations?  I am at 4 right now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you tell if the whistle is coming from between the nasal pillow and your nose, or is it a leak between the pillow and the mask attachment or is it coming from the mask's exhaust vents?
Post Reply Post Reply
Which nasal pillows? Need more info.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-31-2017, 09:37 AM)confusedcpap Wrote: Any recommendations?  I am at 4 right now.

If it is moisture you'll have to play with the settings. I was getting moisture in the P10 mask vents with the auto setting. This would happen on cool nights and would cause the mask to whistle. I'm currently running humidity 3 hose temp 82 and having no problem.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Difficulty Exhaling with Nasal Pillows? chill 24 11,102 04-08-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: cant exhale
  Nasal pillows vs. cradle GOIRISH65 8 496 03-04-2024, 07:44 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 447 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
Question Snoring worse with FFM vs pillows PaulaO2 12 974 01-28-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 536 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
Question [Equipment] Fullface or Nasal? Jose Castro 10 948 01-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Waking up with dry mouth with nasal pillows migui0323 3 583 01-05-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.