Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] [newb to forum] old style landline port
[newb to forum] old style landline port
I've searched forums and wiki with as many terms as I can figure.
I've asked for and received the config manual - thank you!

I have a Sullivan V Lightweight with what looks like a data port on one side, and it also has an hour meter on the bottom.

I've used it for years and it works well [I also have changed sleep position to semi-upright with neck bracing].

The manual's listed features for the Lightweight - which includes the [Sullivan V] Plus and the Elite - doesn't indicate those options as a normal config for my device.

I'm applying for a job which requires a CDL, and then of course the physical, which includes the question of OSA diagnosis.

The location I used for the DOT physical is pushing a new sleep study, but the diag. has been made.

I can follow the directions to reset the meter if necessary to maybe get a conditional - NP, the manual is clear.

Is the RJ22 connector indicative of a reporting capability, or is it a config port, or something else?

And who uses a land line nowaday, anyway?

Anyone have any input?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: [newb to forum] old style landline port
Welcome

Wow! Your machine is 15 or 20 years old. The RJ22 jack may very well be for a modem to download compliance data--but it will not be possible to get a download from it in 2015. ResScan is used for downloading data from ResMed machines, but it doesn't support anything older than the S8 series, which is 3 generations of machines newer than your Sullivan V. Sorry.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll try showing the ME the machine and see if they'll accept readings from the hour meter, and post here with results of the conversation.

Though it has seen sporadic use since my change in regular sleep position, I'd like to continue to use this machine rather than getting [paying for] another.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi neanderthair,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more answers to your questions and much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
If all you want to prove is that you are using it, fine.

But if you want to prove to the ME and to yourself that you are getting treatment, you won't be able to do that. Chances are, you are not. That machine is so old, it probably is not putting out the pressure it says it is. Think of it this way. It is like you are diabetic. You've been diagnosed. You never test your blood sugar again. Why bother, right? You take your medication every day, though. You inject your insulin before or after a meal. Now your doctor wants to retest you again and you are balking. You want to show him all your empty insulin vials. That should work, right?

Will it? Sleep apnea is no different. In some regards, sleep apnea is worse.

And again, it is up to you. It is your health. It is up to you to control it or not. We can answer your question about your machine and guide you with advice such as this, but it is still up to you. And the other people on the road when you get your CDL.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
No CDL with that attitude. Paula02 is right! Get retested. Get a new machine. Ues your machine every day. Prove it works. Get your CDL then.
For free Medicare assistance for your state check out this page. http://www.seniorsresourceguide.com/dire...onal/SHIP/
or here http://www.medicareinteractive.org/
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 231 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  QQ: Looong time BiPAP user, new to ResMed/This forum haemaker 1 190 02-26-2024, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  New to the Forum Dial222 8 679 12-21-2023, 08:19 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Importing Oximetry Data and A Big Thanks To The Forum S. Manz 22 2,585 09-12-2023, 05:43 AM
Last Post: GordK
  [Admin Note] Forum Rules addition - Artificial Intelligence (AI) SuperSleeper 5 1,741 06-13-2023, 04:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Thank to the forum search and all those you went before. CPAP machine. quiescence at last 1 498 04-13-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.