Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] newbie, help
RE: newbie, help
thank you--i got my auto--on other requirements--it will be here on Thursday, until then I am still on the one on loan from my RRT--I am still looking for research on the effects of cpap, auto cpap on eye pressure. --I am rather concerned, but my eye dr. sure doesn't seem to be--I have been at 20 , to 22, 24 for a good 5 years now---no treatments--I have been put on so many different drops , I am to allergic to them, some after just a couple of days,, to couple of weeks, --and this new dr. has not suggested preservative free--I go for a field vision test this Thursday June 18/2015--and he said make an apt to see him in 6 months---------I also have dry eyes----I did go to 33 in my right eye several times when I was on certain drops--and when I was off them it came down to 20 or so-----as the dr. says, I am not your normal kind of patient. How many other people can not tolerate the drops??????? I have been reading about this new XEN GEL STENT , it was just approved in Canada in Feb. and I know of someone who is involved in getting it done soon------sounds very promising--
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-13-2015, 08:41 PM)Joanster Wrote: thank you--i got my auto--on other requirements--it will be here on Thursday, until then I am still on the one on loan from my RRT--I am still looking for research on the effects of cpap, auto cpap on eye pressure. --I am rather concerned, but my eye dr. sure doesn't seem to be--I have been at 20 , to 22, 24 for a good 5 years now---no treatments--I have been put on so many different drops , I am to allergic to them, some after just a couple of days,, to couple of weeks, --and this new dr. has not suggested preservative free--I go for a field vision test this Thursday June 18/2015--and he said make an apt to see him in 6 months---------I also have dry eyes----I did go to 33 in my right eye several times when I was on certain drops--and when I was off them it came down to 20 or so-----as the dr. says, I am not your normal kind of patient. How many other people can not tolerate the drops??????? I have been reading about this new XEN GEL STENT , it was just approved in Canada in Feb. and I know of someone who is involved in getting it done soon------sounds very promising--

Hi Joanster.
I know this is probably off subject but I too have glaucoma and have had it successfully treated with surgery (Trabeculectomy). Pressures in high 20's now 8's and 10's. CPAP treatment does not appear to have been an issue. Pressures OK just last week (8 and 9)
Post Reply Post Reply
That is good to hear, iwlong. I am glad that things are working well for you.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Lowering a Varying AHI for a Newbie rtkierke 16 373 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  newbie looking to get machine dialed in Jpm6179 3 128 03-25-2024, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 189 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  Newbie kindly asking for OSCAR analysis ash630 5 199 03-20-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] [NEWBIE] I cannot sleep with CPAP colethegamer 11 478 03-06-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Newbie with extreme swallowing air Burrells5 3 265 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Newbie - Can't seem to Fall Asleep with Apap on JoniBean 4 296 02-27-2024, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.