Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] no data in memory card
no data in memory card
Hi,

I have been using Philips Respironics Remstar auto A flex for few months. Recently I downloaded Oscar to see my reports. I viewed them on 12th of this month. After that I inserted memory card back in to machine, but after that new data is not recorded in the card. Please help me.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: no data in memory card
Hi prasad! Welcome to Apnea Board!

Have you already tried to perform a Performance Check on the Provider Menu?

EDIT: Oops. Sorry. I failed to notice that your machine is not a Dreamstation and might not have the Performance Check function.

Have you checked the SD card for errors on a computer?
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
prasad,
Did you receive a message when trying to import your data from the card?
Also, be sure the SD card is unlocked when in the Cpap.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks. I resolved it with your advise.
So I am now able to download data from the machine. 
But I don't really understand much of it except AHI.
Can someone please suggest how can I learn how to understand my report which download through Oscar.
Please let me know if there is some guide available to understand these reports or someone can please help me with this.

I am attaching some reports.

Thanks

some more reports

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi prasad,

It's good to know that you have resolved your SD card problem. 

Here is the guide for OSCAR: OSCAR Help

Also, here's a helpful guide on how to organize your chart for posting: OSCAR Chart ORganizing

Hope this helps!
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
prasad,
You can learn much by studying the following guide.  The graphs and descriptions in the SH guide can be applied to OSCAR.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just looking at your charts. They look surprisingly good considering you are set to a wide open pressure range of 4-20.

Your graphs do show a lot of Flow Limitations and Snores. Leaving your machine at a minimum pressure of 4 won’t help clean that up. Try setting your min pressure to 7cm. This may or may not help, but should help your breathe easier. With a setting at 4, I’m surprised you don’t feel “air starved.”

Next time you post a chart, eliminate the calendar. This way we can see all the stats on the sidebar.

The graphs we need to see: Events, Flow Limitations, Pressure, Leak Rate and Snores if it will fit.
OpalRose
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome and yes, follow the organization guide. for most problems and normal use that is all we look at.  
Your number are fantastic, I'd be happy with them.  The only change I would make, and for you, this is absolutely an optional change.  I would raise min pressure to 6.  When initial settings are recommended I usually say 6 to 20 for 1 night then re-evaluate.  Your pressures are not trying to runaway (if they do just post and we will make a recommendation) so you can just leave that alone.  You have some RERAs (these are a series of flow limitations that end in arousal (bad) and flow limitations.  For these, I'd also recommend raising your starting min pressure to 6.  With PR machines, in general, you will need a higher min pressure because they are a bit slower to respond and thus do a better job with a higher starting/min pressure.  You seem to be fine for now but I would set my min pressure to 6 and see if we can easily stop/reduce those RERAs and Flow Limitations which do not show up in tour AHI.

edit: I'd have no issue with the 7 cmw Opal recommended above.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wish to sincerely thank you all hearsay 73, Opal Rose, Fred Bonjour for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2019, 09:53 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Just looking at your charts.  They look surprisingly good considering you are set to a wide open pressure range of 4-20.

Your graphs do show a lot of Flow Limitations and Snores.  Leaving your machine at a minimum pressure of 4 won’t help clean that up.  Try setting your min pressure to 7cm.  This may or may not help, but should help your breathe easier.  With a setting at 4, I’m surprised you don’t feel “air starved.”  

Next time you post a chart, eliminate the calendar.  This way we can see all the stats on the sidebar.

The graphs we need to see:  Events, Flow Limitations, Pressure, Leak Rate and Snores if it will fit.

Can you please explain why should I feel air starved ? Sorry my understanding of all these is quite poor. I just followed my doctor`s advise and bought machine from him, he set it up for me & told me how to use it.

Also since few days I find that I am more short of breadth when I get up and also later in the day when I do any fast walking etc. I start panting faster than I used to before. Could this have something to do with my use of machine?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 217 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  [CPAP] First post - Uploading Airsense 11 AutoSet data to SD card DrBook 2 365 01-03-2024, 07:50 PM
Last Post: DrBook
  Switch to memory foam cushion? Toddsims 4 538 12-28-2023, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  AirSense 11 not reporting data correctly to SD card WHB74 4 541 10-17-2023, 03:32 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Recording Data To SD Card TheEngineer 4 719 09-14-2023, 08:30 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  No SD Card anyway to get last night's data jerrykur 2 479 08-01-2023, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jerrykur
  PAP and Cognition (brain fog, memory, focus, etc) - Share your experience! cyrial 0 535 06-04-2023, 02:51 PM
Last Post: cyrial

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.