Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] options available
options available
Hi, I have been using the same cpap, Resmed S8 for 15 years. I would like to get a machine that allows me to download data from the machine to my computer and read the results without taking a card to get read at a store which is several hours away. I assume my old machine is not capable. I would like to be able to adjust pressure as needed myself. I would appreciate advice on what options are available which machines I should consider to buy. Thanks for your help.
Bluesky
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: options available
Hi Bluesky!
Welcome
I believe that the S8 had a proprietary card and reader. The newer models have since changed and use a standard SD card. A lot of the current PC's have this card reader builtin. If not there are a multitude of suppliers for inexpensive card readers. Some of us here on the board use WiFi SD cards so we can download its data directly to our computers using free software developed by members.

Here is a link to a CPAP database that lists various CPAP models and which ones are data capable.
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment/cpapmachines

For CPAP setup manuals, please refer to the link at the top of the page for these.

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought the machine in my profile in 2014. The S9 series (except for one specific model) is fully data capable and uses a standard SD card.
The latest machines from ResMed, the 10 series are also very popular. Phillips-Respironics also make fine machine that are data capable.

BTW -- Resmed S8 does not fully describe your machine. Look for words like Autoset, VPAP S, Adapt...

You'll need this info to get a machine with the same therapy mode(s).

And, in the US, you will need a prescription to buy a machine.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Bluesky,

If you are looking for a brand new machine, I'd suggest either the Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet for Her OR the PR DreamStation Auto CPAP. If you want to save some money, you could look for a new, but discontinued model such at the Resmed S9 AutoSet or AutoSet for HER or the PR System One Auto CPAP. Cheaper yet is to buy a used machine from a place like Vender #2 on the Supplier List. They usually have lightly used (and sometimes new) S9 AutoSets and PR Station One APAPs at very good prices.

Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2016, 11:27 AM)justMongo Wrote: I bought the machine in my profile in 2014. The S9 series (except for one specific model) is fully data capable and uses a standard SD card.

correction, two S9 models don't record full data, the escape and escape auto.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-25-2016, 11:03 AM)Bluesky Wrote: Hi, I have been using the same cpap, Resmed S8 for 15 years. I would like to get a machine that allows me to download data from the machine to my computer and read the results without taking a card to get read at a store which is several hours away. I assume my old machine is not capable. I would like to be able to adjust pressure as needed myself. I would appreciate advice on what options are available which machines I should consider to buy. Thanks for your help.
Bluesky
If you like ResMed machines as I do then get the Air Sense 10 Auto Set or the for her model as I have. It is easy to take the card and transfer data to Sleepy Head on your computer. I do this every morning. If you like Phillips machines they have a new one that looks pretty good the Dream Station, but make sure if you get one it is an Auto and it has data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bluesky,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
Here is a link to information on which machines to buy and which ones to avoid: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices .
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you on your machine decision..
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 185 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,839 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,117 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 488 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [CPAP] Resvent iBreeze C20 replacement - Options? sheldor 3 880 03-08-2023, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Good Info Here on Treatment Options cmpman1974 0 359 03-01-2023, 11:19 PM
Last Post: cmpman1974
  DreamStation Sleep Therapy Humidification Options (PDF) SwirlySauce 3 906 09-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Last Post: zellem

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.